Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Traction/Handling Questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 08:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traction/Handling Questions

My car is lowered 2" front and rear. Parts awaiting install are adj phr and a jegster torque arm.

Here are my questions:

1.) I know that the angle of the lca is not optimal now that I am lowered so bolt-in relos look good. Will they help in conjunction with the ta or will the ta be more than enough?

2.) Anyone run poly bushings on the stock lca's where it mounts to the driveshaft only (rubber where it connects to the frame)? Does this help at all? is noise/vibration increased or is it the same due to the rubber on one side still absorbing?

3.) Is a level lca angle optimal? If I want the best handling possible vs. traction which hole should I bolt them at (relocation br)? Traction is important but handling is more so.

4.) Lastly, anyone try bolting the jegster torque arm in with soft rubber washers between the tunnel mount plate and the tunnel to cut down on noise/vibration?

Thanks in advance.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:10 PM
Launching!

the ta is non adj and the car is a 97 camaro
Old 01-27-2007, 12:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by White_LightningZ
My car is lowered 2" front and rear. Parts awaiting install are adj phr and a jegster torque arm.

Here are my questions:

1.) I know that the angle of the lca is not optimal now that I am lowered so bolt-in relos look good. Will they help in conjunction with the ta or will the ta be more than enough? You'll need them to work in conjunction with the TA.

2.) Anyone run poly bushings on the stock lca's where it mounts to the driveshaft only (rubber where it connects to the frame)? Does this help at all? is noise/vibration increased or is it the same due to the rubber on one side still absorbing? I am. They are working fine for my street car. Noise/vibration is better than with all poly bushings.

3.) Is a level lca angle optimal? If I want the best handling possible vs. traction which hole should I bolt them at (relocation br)? Traction is important but handling is more so. Yes. Pick the hole that makes them closest to level.

4.) Lastly, anyone try bolting the jegster torque arm in with soft rubber washers between the tunnel mount plate and the tunnel to cut down on noise/vibration? I'm running a Spohn body mount TA and put 3/8 rubber pads between the brace and the tunnel. It helps quite a bit.

Thanks in advance.
Answers behind your questions. Good luck.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:42 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by CW00BlackTA
Answers behind your questions. Good luck.
Thanks!