Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowering my Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 10:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lowering my Camaro

Hey,

I want to lower my car like 1". Ive looked at a few places like Hotchkis, Eibach, and BMR, what springs do you all think perform the best?

The car is a daily driver and I dont want it to be too low, Im also running 18x11 wheels in the back and dont want to have to many clearance issues with it being to low.

Do all the springs above give about a 1" drop? Do they all ride pretty good, comparable to stock? Should I change the shocks while I am swapping out the springs? Whose shocks would you all recommend? I know there are many choices but are there any particular ones that are really good and some that I should steer clear of?

Any opinions are welcome, thanks alot, Dave
Old 01-28-2007, 11:01 PM
12 Second Club

i have hotchkis springs and kyb agx 8 way adjustables.. love the setup, my car has 17x11 and 17x9.5 zr1s and it looked rediculously high before, but now it sits PERFECT. Nice wheel well space and a slight rake
Old 01-28-2007, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Wow thanks for the fast reponse..

Got any pics?

If anyone else has pics to, post em up, THanks
Old 01-28-2007, 11:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should get more info in the suspension section...
Old 01-29-2007, 02:59 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1LoudTA
i have hotchkis springs and kyb agx 8 way adjustables.. love the setup, my car has 17x11 and 17x9.5 zr1s and it looked rediculously high before, but now it sits PERFECT. Nice wheel well space and a slight rake
Got any pics of this setup? It's exactly what I am looking for. How is the ride quality?
Old 01-29-2007, 03:08 PM
Teching In

I have the Pro-kit and love the stance of it. I think it's just right. Any lower and It would almost be undrivable.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:08 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LawmanSS
You should get more info in the suspension section...
Opps, Thanks for moving it.
Old 01-29-2007, 06:15 PM
12 Second Club

im running eibach sportlines with 17" zr1s. stock shocks. i cut the rear bump stops about 3/4" off and now she rides damn good for a i believe 2" drop
Old 01-29-2007, 06:20 PM
Launching!

Default Suggestion

Since this car is your daily driver, I would strongly suggest keeping your stock springs and buying a set of Koni SA shocks. The front shocks have a lower spring perch that will lower the front end about 3/4" and you can replace the rear isolators with heater hose to lower the rear 1/2"

If you want more info on this, read through these threads

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...wer+perch+hose

Old 01-29-2007, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

Thanks, I never heard of that before until I read that...

I might go with that, im just not sure if its low enough... I dont want it too low because it is a daily driver but I think a bit more would be nice.. maybe im being to fussy.

I like the look of the Hotchkis springs, I think they are at the top of my list right now, and I havent seemed to hear anything bad abot Hotchkis... Thanks for all the info guys, keep it coming
Old 01-30-2007, 11:56 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Might I suggest you take the time to pick up the phone and call me? I sell Hotchkis, Eibach, SLP, and other spring including some I commissioned myself (and not by a fly-by-night company, I used good stuff). I also sell shocks.

The reason I suggest this is pretty simple. Suspensions aren't, and relying solely on the internet isn't the best way to go because you don't get all the information you should have. Based on a conversation, we can figure out a plan that suits you best both concerning the way the car looks and on the ride and handling front as well.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 01-30-2007, 05:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Might I suggest you take the time to pick up the phone and call me? I sell Hotchkis, Eibach, SLP, and other spring including some I commissioned myself (and not by a fly-by-night company, I used good stuff). I also sell shocks.

The reason I suggest this is pretty simple. Suspensions aren't, and relying solely on the internet isn't the best way to go because you don't get all the information you should have. Based on a conversation, we can figure out a plan that suits you best both concerning the way the car looks and on the ride and handling front as well.
Sounds good, Ill give you a call as soon as I can. I got a few other ideas Id like to discuss.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:53 AM
Teching In

I agree call Sam Strano Hes very knowledgable.

I ahve Hotchkis Springs along with all the other hotchkis products and I love it. I auto cross once in a while, I do alot of mountain driving, and I drive my car everyday. Good enough for a DD and a fun weekend car.

-Dino
Old 01-31-2007, 11:22 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bearcatpride
Since this car is your daily driver, I would strongly suggest keeping your stock springs and buying a set of Koni SA shocks. The front shocks have a lower spring perch that will lower the front end about 3/4" and you can replace the rear isolators with heater hose to lower the rear 1/2"

If you want more info on this, read through these threads

i ve read all the informations about the front perch and rear hose mod. what alingments do i need for front if i use the lower perch on konis?
Old 01-31-2007, 05:51 PM
Launching!

I have a hotchkis shock and spring package in stock and ready to ship. Will give the car a great stance and change the handling dramatically over stock. If interested shoot me a pm and I'll make a good deal, everything is brand new!

Zach
Old 01-31-2007, 06:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Talk to Strano! He is great help

Quick Reply: Lowering my Camaro