Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

About to install C5 brakes...will my wheels fit.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007 | 12:35 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by GR33N GoblinM6

on a side note.. i hope everyone knows that you DO NOT NEED THE CORVETTE CALIPERS to use ANY brake bracket on the market!.. you just need the Corvette abutments (or caliper carriers) and use your Fbody calipers.. i did this last night with my Kore3 brackets.. this should save some people money on the swap..

rotors, brackets, and abutments is all you need.. i paid total..$220 total for everything.. but i didnt get these at all one place..

Yeh that is good info I can just use the bracket/abutments/rotors and the caliper will fit right in f-body pads n all? No extra bolts or anything for mounting the abutment to the bracket?

Last edited by SpdFrk1990; 04-18-2007 at 12:41 AM.
Old 04-18-2007 | 07:15 AM
TECH Senior Member
20 Year Member

You can't use F-body pads with the C5 PAB. The C5 PAB uses 14mm bolts to attach it to the kit, the F-body uses 12mm bolts, so you can't use your F-body PAB's with a kit designed for C5 PAB's. The pads go with the PAB and have to match whatever you use.

Also, the F-body calipers use 44mm pistons, the Corvette caliper uses 40.5mm pistons. The larger rotor of the C5 kit will shift your brake bias to the front, so the smaller pistons shift it back to keep things in line with the factory balance. The C5 calipers are stronger than the f-body versions as well. The F-body calipers are cast, the C5's are pressure cast (more like a forging) and use strengthing ribs to help reduce flex and add strength.
Old 04-18-2007 | 03:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by trackbird
You can't use F-body pads with the C5 PAB. The C5 PAB uses 14mm bolts to attach it to the kit, the F-body uses 12mm bolts, so you can't use your F-body PAB's with a kit designed for C5 PAB's. The pads go with the PAB and have to match whatever you use.

Also, the F-body calipers use 44mm pistons, the Corvette caliper uses 40.5mm pistons. The larger rotor of the C5 kit will shift your brake bias to the front, so the smaller pistons shift it back to keep things in line with the factory balance. The C5 calipers are stronger than the f-body versions as well. The F-body calipers are cast, the C5's are pressure cast (more like a forging) and use strengthing ribs to help reduce flex and add strength.
Would it hurt on our cars to have some more grip in the front though I thought someone said we have a lot of rear bias from the factory. I was thinkin about just getting the LG bracket havnt decided yet though.
Old 04-18-2007 | 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

I just called LG to ask them some questions about there bracket. You have to use the C5 front lines with their kit and it actually puts some more power to the rear they say its not an issue on a street car though. Oh the price is also 299 now i thought it use to be cheaper?

Quick Reply: About to install C5 brakes...will my wheels fit.