Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Pan Hard Bar install: Review and Praise

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pan Hard Bar install: Review and Praise

Today even with snow on the ground my brother and I installed my DA panhard bar from UMI.

I do a ton of reading and thinking before I pick a part. I'm used to playing with a car to make it handle better. First time trying to make a SRA car turn though, i'm enjoying the reading so far.

One thing I wanted to get was a panhard bar, reasons being: low cost, ease of install and not a drastic change as I still want to feel the car out as it progresses*or so I thought*

I went with the UMI DA. Dual Adjustable because i'm used to twisting konis calling in custom rates on springs etc, the more bells and whistles I can use learn from and play with *with in reason* the better.

UMI because the quaitly of the work I've seen from them and Ryan is often on this site helping. UMI is also in PA and I always try to support a semi local smaller company over a large one, being in smaller companies my whole short life.

I had a little trouble with the install, all on my own fault of a crummy jack. None of the bars making was any issue it slid on fine. The super lube reccomended was a great investment and i'll use it on all my other toys i'm sure.

Finally after dusting off the snow and hoping in ready to test spin the car. Not expecting much from reviews and knowing with a few years autoXing and track days have probbly made my butt feeling from a car is a bit more atuned.

I hit a bump... smoother WTF, if anything it should have been harder. Quick twists of the steering wheel still let the poorly dampered car leaning but with more steadness in the rear. Best way to sum it up car feels lighter and quicker all around.

I now wonder if possibly my stock PHB was bad or bent maybe, I've never heard of someone feeling such a huge change as I have. Maybe my trained butt picked up a minor change more?

Thanks again to UMI, I was getting pretty fed up with my car now I enjoy driving it again.
Old 02-20-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thats cool. i actually just put my d/a phr on tihs morning as well and went for a drive....i wasnt expecting anything and honestly didnt think i'd be able to feel/notice a difference....but i was wrong. the rear end feels a lot more stable and tite compared to the stock POS...
Old 02-20-2007, 08:49 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad you like it and everything went well
Old 02-20-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Glad you like it and everything went well
Thanks I can't wait to get some more toys

I returned the trader rating Thanks again
Old 02-20-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Addict

damn cant wait to put my new shocks, springs and single adjust UMI panhard on at once
Old 02-21-2007, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

after having my single adjustable panhard and lca's on, i'm starting to wish i had just gone with the dual adjustables... not that they're bad, but the humping on rubber sheets thing sometimes bothers me, hahaha....

meh.
Old 02-21-2007, 12:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Demon Of Dreams
after having my single adjustable panhard and lca's on, i'm starting to wish i had just gone with the dual adjustables... not that they're bad, but the humping on rubber sheets thing sometimes bothers me, hahaha....

meh.
i had to cut costs i dont get how to adjust it though i know u cant do it bolted up to the car.. anyone wanna enlighten me i know its easy i just dont know how..

man my car is gonna ride so much better and I got the LS1 brake upgrade waiting to go on damn i cant wait!!
Old 02-21-2007, 12:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gun5
i had to cut costs i dont get how to adjust it though i know u cant do it bolted up to the car.. anyone wanna enlighten me i know its easy i just dont know how..

man my car is gonna ride so much better and I got the LS1 brake upgrade waiting to go on damn i cant wait!!
right out of the box they're stock length... all you need to do is loosen the jam nut and give it a twist or two then retighten the jam nut... all depends on where you need to center your wheels

i left mine at the stock length
Old 02-21-2007, 01:16 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Demon Of Dreams
right out of the box they're stock length... all you need to do is loosen the jam nut and give it a twist or two then retighten the jam nut... all depends on where you need to center your wheels

i left mine at the stock length
crap my nut was lose when i got it so i screwed it in alittle bit then put it under my bed for storage!! GAH!! how do i bring it back to stock lol
Old 02-21-2007, 02:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Gun5
crap my nut was lose when i got it so i screwed it in alittle bit then put it under my bed for storage!! GAH!! how do i bring it back to stock lol
after you drop the stocker, lay them side by side and match the holes on each side
Old 02-21-2007, 11:22 PM
On The Tree

Big difference I felt was going over bumps in a turn like an off ramp. Helped take out the side to side movement and accasional sidestep. I felt a huge difference as well and I feel DA on a street car was in no way overkill or overly noisy.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:23 PM
Launching!

Ace$nyper what springs do you have
Old 02-23-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 98ws61le
Ace$nyper what springs do you have
I am on an all stock suspension, springs are OEM non 1le. Shocks are the orange sadness but only around 30k on them *replaced before I got them*
Old 02-24-2007, 01:15 AM
TECH Addict

Nice I got a poly/poly adj spohn bar waiting to go on but i wish I would of got a rod/rod one. I also ordered umi poly/rod lca's but they are waiting to be shipped. The rod ended phb would be nice with wider wheels im sure it would help with rubbing issues now I wish I had it.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:33 AM
On The Tree

so do you think the dbblr adjustable is better then single.because i need to buy a panhard bar just have'nt decided on which one.i have 315 in the rear so ireally want to do this before i put new wheels on
Old 02-24-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Yes the bar with the rods on both ends will have close to no deflection where the poly will still allow movement.

Quick Reply: Pan Hard Bar install: Review and Praise