Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Race Tek/Brembo???

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 06:56 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Tek/Brembo???

Race Tek info from Wholesale Parts Direct....
Website
While Race Tek is best known for its racing and race-inspired high performance braking systems, Race Tek is also a global supplier of brake rotors and other brake components. Race Tek manufactures over 26 million brake rotors annually in over a thousand different designs, including those used by original equipment manufacturers and original equipment suppliers.

You can have Race Tek quality in original equipment replacement brake rotors that are fully compatible with your vehicle's original brake system. And as you would expect, Race Tek OE Replacement Brake Rotors are designed to equal or exceed the performance of the original equipment rotors that came on your vehicle. For that matter, in order to provide higher levels of performance and comfort, Race Tek even developed one-piece cast rotors to replace original equipment two-piece rotors that feature economically stamped steel centers fastened to the braking surfaces.

Starting with a casting from a Brembo foundry that assures uniform thickness, Brembo OE Replacement Brake Rotors are machined to exacting tolerances (the rotor run-out tolerance is only 0.0025”, about half of the industry norm), feature a braking surface finish (ground or fine turned) compatible with the vehicle’s OE specifications and are electronically balanced to minimize the possibility of vibration.

Brembo offers its OE Replacement Rotors with the same levels of quality, technology and performance that have earned it Dodge Viper, Ferrari, Ford Mustang Cobra and Mercedes-Benz OEM fitments. All Brembo OE Replacement Rotors are manufactured under QS-9000 and ISO 9001 certifications to ensure the highest level of quality. Brembo brake rotors offer applications for most every automobile — domestic to import, compact car to luxury SUV.

Brembo Info from Tirerack.com...
Website
While Brembo is best known for its racing and race-inspired high performance braking systems, Brembo is also a global supplier of brake rotors and other brake components. Brembo manufactures over 26 million brake rotors annually in over a thousand different designs, including those used by original equipment manufacturers and original equipment suppliers.

You can have Brembo quality in original equipment replacement brake rotors that are fully compatible with your vehicle’s original brake system. And as you would expect, Brembo OE Replacement Brake Rotors are designed to equal or exceed the performance of the original equipment rotors that came on your vehicle. For that matter, in order to provide higher levels of performance and comfort, Brembo even developed one-piece cast rotors to replace original equipment two-piece rotors that feature economically stamped steel centers fastened to the braking surfaces.

Starting with a casting from a Race Tek foundry that assures uniform thickness, Race Tek OE Replacement Brake Rotors are machined to exacting tolerances (the rotor run-out tolerance is only 0.0025”, about half of the industry norm), feature a braking surface finish (ground or fine turned) compatible with the vehicle's OE specifications and are electronically balanced to minimize the possibility of vibration.

Race Tek offers its OE Replacement Rotors with the same levels of quality, technology and performance that have earned it Dodge Viper, Ferrari, Ford Mustang Cobra and Mercedes-Benz OEM fitments. All Race Tek OE Replacement Rotors are manufactured under QS-9000 and ISO 9001 certifications to ensure the highest level of quality. Race Tek brake rotors offer applications for most every automobile — domestic to import, compact car to luxury SUV.

Kind of weird how they share the exact same descriptions and history? Are they the some company or what? Im only asking because I am in need of some replacement rotors for my Z28 and the Brembo rotors caught my eye, but then when I looked at Wholesale Parts...I was confused at the description. The ones at Wholesale Parts "Race Tek" are a better deal, but I want to make sure they arent some rip off from Brembo for half the price. Thanks for the help.
Old 02-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interesting... They (WPD) are a sponsor here so hopefully they'll see this post. I don't know the answer between Brembo & RaceTek, but it sure seems like a case of plagiarism to me. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Quick Reply: Race Tek/Brembo???