Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

need help... alignment problem

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 09:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

Default need help... alignment problem

I have a fender bender on passenger side last year. shock tower got puished back 1/2inch. well, i had a 2nd alignment done 2 months ago on the driver side and now when i hit a bump or those warning bumps on the road, the front makes a rattling sound? i can't imagine what i could be? anyone with alignment exp. know of anything. help would be much appriciated. also, my steering collum is not centered with the dashboard from accident and when i pull into my driveway, i here a rubbing noise.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

anoyone....? BUMP!!!!
Old 03-10-2007, 09:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what do you meen your steering coulm is not centered??? sound crazy like something is seriously bent!!
Old 03-11-2007, 09:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why wasn't the car taken to a frame shop immediately after the accident? Man, even if it was a my-fault accident and the other person told me not to worry about it and just go home...if something was that f***ed up, I would have gone through the whole insurance route anyways to get my car fixed. Frame repair is expensive, if it can be repaired at all.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DuronClocker
Why wasn't the car taken to a frame shop immediately after the accident? Man, even if it was a my-fault accident and the other person told me not to worry about it and just go home...if something was that f***ed up, I would have gone through the whole insurance route anyways to get my car fixed. Frame repair is expensive, if it can be repaired at all.

no, i did. the bumper and fender was messed up. my shock tower was pushed back (passenger side) 1/2 inch. they fixed all that. it drives good, but when i pull into my driveway which is only on a 15degree slope upwards, i feel a vibration from the right front wheel/suspension to the steering wheel. at first i though it was a bad ball-joint until i noticed my steering wheel colum not being centered with the cutout part of the dashboard under the guages.
btw, it was my fault... i was fecking around and hit a dumpster...