Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by z28bryan
lol

Then you should eat his children and praise Allah
OK Mike Tyson.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In all honesty, this is why I keep a keen eye on auto techs. Those techs who like to talk the least and/or try to evade giving proper answers are the very reason I learned to service all of my cars myself, and unfortunately I must have the worst luck with dealing with unsavory businesses and defeciently skilled auto techs. Not trying to say that my experience with this matter is one to move the opinion of a capacity crowd at a sporting event, but nevertheless we should all keep a good eye on techs.

In short, all modifications done by owners or technicians should be well documented. Even if it's simply a change of a higher/lower grade fastener.
Old 04-07-2007, 03:15 PM
Banned

So what was the problem? Non-stock parts? I hate it when that happens....did you have a happy ending?
Old 04-09-2007, 10:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

have a kid fix your car
Old 04-10-2007, 01:03 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I don't understand how you can say that you built motors in your garage but you weren't able to handle a few mismatched bolts. Grab a freakin saw'z all and cut that bitch off and be done with it. You're not putting together a nuclear sub, it's cake. Next you'll be complaining because the old owner put the oil filter on too tight and you couldn't get it off.

And the kid comment did **** me off because I am a new father. It's partially your fault because you bought a used car and didn't look it over well enough when you bought it, your fault, get over it.
Old 04-10-2007, 03:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

What is it with you parents honestly thinking making a child makes you a better person?

I have no problem with it, if you want a kid by all means have one best of luck with it.

YOU ARE NO BETTER NOR WORSE, just your path of life.

It's a pain in the ***, i'm digging into my car my pride and joy and see it raped with wood bolts of non matching sizes, it's a pain in the ***. It made me feel like my car was vandlized.

I'm packed up getting ready to move, buying my self a house . Most of my good tools are away, this was just some hand tools. So it was a lot harder had my stuff been out and around i'm sure it would have gone smoother. I don't like to babble too much about life stuff so.. it never really got posted, maybe had I then people coulda seen why I was as cranky I was.

Problem was fixed by some trusted techs since I did the sucky work and I wanted to have it double checked over it.

They peeked at every nook and cranny, problem sovled. thankfully.

Honestly, i'm doing some new things at work so not here as much, and forgot about this thread .

Now what was wanted the reveiw... that I thought would have been done and settled weeks ago lol.

Strano bar 35mm hollow.
This bar flat out rocks. I knew how much it changed the car, before I was out of the lot.

I didn't want to get my self into any trouble with it so I cruised around town for a bit feeling it.. front just feels stronger way less front roll and brake dive.

After a while feeling how the bar was started aiming for some back roads. Front just holds, the feeling of a sail boat is gone.

It's just better... never before has it' been that simple to say, I do understand why GM didn't put a bar this big on stock though, for granny who bought her self a shiney camaro like days of yore.

You can really toss this bad boy around but if you get too greedy itll over steer on you, not that anyone who enjoys sporty driving or anyone who can handle a car will freak at.. it's not over kill but it'll sneak up on you if you get greedy.

Easy to say best 200 bucks and many hours of being pissy I spent on this car.

I really can't wait to get a rear bar shocks and springs and see what these are like once fully setup to handle.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Banned

Wood bolts wtf.
All the parents in this thread should have their kids **** on and in your car.
A decent mechanic can fix others problems, like someone said it's held on by four bolts (I thought six) if you can't remove six bolts you're a ******* retard I don't care where they came from.
I got a guy in the transmission forum wanting someone to write up a list of tools he needs to remove a trans, sounds like you did this and your two wrenches didn't fit everything.
Old 04-10-2007, 05:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I hate kids as well so don't feel alone. Let us know when you get the bars in how the car feels! I've been thinking about doing a Straino sway bars myself.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:09 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

Originally Posted by _JB_
Let us know when you get the bars in how the car feels!
Uh, he just did... Front bar anyway.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 04-10-2007, 06:12 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Lets keep this on topic and relatively friendly.
Old 04-10-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by VIP1
Lets keep this on topic and relatively friendly.
lol this topic is dead, if you wouldn't mind as a favor trimming the fat and just leaving up the reviews probbly best to the board.

ps it's 4 bolts and the endlinks. If you pop your wheels off endlinks are a breeze to reach.

Sam hopfully morgage won't be too bad and the rear will follow soon!
Old 04-10-2007, 07:05 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

I'll be going back and fixing one of the bolts on my front bar I screwed up to no end...I couldn't get it to thread in straight, and after working on it for an hour, I just grabbed a big impact wrench and drove it in, threads be damned. I've been dreading the day that I'll have to pull it out, drill, and retap the hole (I'll try chasing it first), but it is coming. Oh well...it happens.

To everyone else...he was trying to be funny, but I guess some people take things pretty personally (and I'm guilty of it too).