Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

anyone have a manuel rack that drives on the street?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 02:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone have a manuel rack that drives on the street?

i lookin for a manuel rack that i dont have to run skinnies all the time, some thing that could go on a dd. any suggestions?
Old 04-08-2007, 08:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

You may end up with a pair of **** after about a week of daily driving a manual rack with a set of full size rims and tires hooked to it.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Regular

no one?
Old 04-14-2007, 01:00 PM
12 Second Club

You can do it man. It's just a bitch in a parking lot when you aren't moving, other than that it's no big deal. I started out driving a 71 chevy truck with no luxuries and loved it.
Old 05-03-2007, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

anyone else?
Old 05-03-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Resident

I daily drive a Neon without power steering and it's not a problem. It's not too hard when not moving, but if you move slow it's a lot easier to turn. I plan on running a manual rack in the camaro as well
Old 05-03-2007, 01:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZFan88
I daily drive a Neon without power steering and it's not a problem. It's not too hard when not moving, but if you move slow it's a lot easier to turn. I plan on running a manual rack in the camaro as well
I think you're in for a surprise my friend. The Neon weighs much less, has narrower tires, and a low ratio rack compared to an f-body. An f-body withotu power steering is NOTHING like a light front wheel drive car. That steering is bloody murder. I've driven plenty of manual steering trucks and jeeps before, with big tires too, but I was struggling to turn my Trans Am into a parking lot when the engine died on me once. It's next impossible to turn while on the move... I'd hate to imagine what it would be like at a slow crawl or stop.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Staging Lane

I have a Madman rack in my car and it's not that bad. Once you get rolling it drives just fine. Yeah it's a little bit of a pain in the *** when your sitting still but I also have some big *** wheels up front too. With skinnies it feels just like stock. And don't listen to most people who try to compare other cars to an f-body cause you can't sit and try to compare some 1947 pickup truck that has manual steering to an f-body with a MANUAL RACK. Also don't listen to people who try to compare having their stock power steering rack disconnected and consider themselves "manual steering users" because I know from experience that they are definitely WAY different feeling.

Like I said in all honesty it's really not that bad. I mean yeah I am not gonna lie it's not like power steering obviously but for the amount of crap it clears up under the hood and the added weight loss, to me it's well worth it.

Quick Reply: anyone have a manuel rack that drives on the street?