Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need help/advice building street/strip T/A

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:46 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help/advice building street/strip T/A

Ok everyone here is the deal. I have a 99 trans am with 158K miles on it. I am going to start rebuilding her very shortly. I am in the process of getting a 02 6-speed trans am with low miles or an 05-06 gto. So this one is going to be parked and worked on. Here are the details on it. It is a white Auto 99 trans am WS6 ram air. I have mods done to it, some of which i can keep others i will have to get rid of. So i am looking for advice and suggestions on what kind of set up to run. I would like to have a low-mid 10 second street strip car. You know like put the drag tires on and trailer it to the track and run it. Then on the weekends put on a nice pair of street tires and rims, and have a nice weekend cruiser as well. Lets start with the suspension. What kind of springs and shocks etc... would you guys recommend be best for a drag setup?
Old 04-11-2007, 10:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For springs and shocks, I would talk to Sam Strano. He has a wealth of experience in this area.
For suspension parts, I would talk to UMI Performance. Very high quality parts and very well thought of.
Both are sponsors of the forum.