Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

poping? PISSIN ME OFF!

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 12:16 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Default poping? PISSIN ME OFF!

So anytime I hit a bump or anything in the road my right front strut or something pops pretty loud and goodness is it driving me up a wall!

A reliable source said it might be the nut on the top of the strut. Not the 4 bolts that come through the shock tower but the actual nut on the top of the assembly that compresses the spring. I greased all the bushings but still happens.

The wierdest thing is that: About a month ago, I decided to see what the soft setting felt like, so I put it to 2, that's when it started. So I switched it back, and a day later it stopped. Then about a week ago, it got cold again and rained, and it's back...WTF!?!?!?!

If it helps in helping, I'm running BMR springs with KYB AGXs.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:43 AM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Its probably the nut on the top of the shock, but it could be a tie-rod or ball joint.

Check out this thread for more info:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/693624-knocking-noise-drivers-frt-wheel.html
Old 04-16-2007, 11:30 AM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Yea it's not a tie rod or ball joint I don't think. It just clunks every now and again.

I can push down on the fender and make the suspension compress and it will make the noise.

I'm almost positive it's the nut on the top of the shock, hopefully this week I can put it up on the lift and check it.

Also has anyone ever replaced the bushings on the upper a-arms? Since my car is a 95 and has 91k on it, I didn't know when or if anyone ever replaces them.

Thank you again.