Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rod/Rod suspension components

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Could you or anyone else tell me how a dual rod end LCA setup would bind the suspension less than a 1LE LCA setup? How does a solid ended, solid bar provide more axle travel than a rubber bushing/more flexible U-stamped LCA?
The "solid ends" are ball joints that offer much more articulation than any other "bar" with poly or rubber ends.
Old 04-23-2007, 02:01 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by z28bryan
Could you or anyone else tell me how a dual rod end LCA setup would bind the suspension less than a 1LE LCA setup? How does a solid ended, solid bar provide more axle travel than a rubber bushing/more flexible U-stamped LCA?
I don't mean to be a smart *** but I think you are missing how a rod end works. Heres a good pic form UMI.

Here is a good pic of a rod end.

Now here is a pic of what a poly/rubber bushing.

If you put a bolt through the rubber or poly bushing and tried to twist/rotate/pivot it, you would encounter resistance, that resistance will eventually equate to bind. A rod end provides a point of stability while allowing free articulation of the suspension. The reason it is called solid is because you really have more of a bearing instead of bushing, not becuase it is locked in position. Since all the articulation is done at the ends, there is no point in having flex in the actual bar itself. Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Rod/Rod suspension components