Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Eradispeeds and Bendix pads - noise?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eradispeeds and Bendix pads - noise?

Hey guys.
I just had my 5 year old Eradispeeds resurfaced and put them back on with Bendix ceramic CTS3 pads. Everything is smooth again, but there is a slight gear-sounding noise when the brakes are applied. Has anyone experienced this? It's not too bad & actually sounds kind of cool, but I was wondering if it will subside with further pad bedding.
Thanks.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hammerhead
Hey guys.
I just had my 5 year old Eradispeeds resurfaced and put them back on with Bendix ceramic CTS3 pads. Everything is smooth again, but there is a slight gear-sounding noise when the brakes are applied. Has anyone experienced this? It's not too bad & actually sounds kind of cool, but I was wondering if it will subside with further pad bedding.
Thanks.
It might be cause after resurfacing it there is a sharper edge on the slots. I had noise with my slotted rotors I ran last with ebc green stuff pads. Ill see if my powerslots with hawks ceramics make any noise on my SS. The noise really didnt bother me much tho.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. The noise is still there, but it's not bad. I've noticed a lot less dust on the rims so far from the ceramic pads, so that's good.