Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Are worn bump stops supposed to look like this?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Are worn bump stops supposed to look like this?

Why are they cracked? I replaced both today with new ones from the dealer and after taking a look at their design it seems like these new ones will just crack like the old ones. I've got sportlines, so i know that's not helping them much (getting new springs/shocks soon) but it seems like everytime they make contact with the axle they're just going to crack more and more. Why are they designed with a narrower bottom? Shouldn't the contact point be flat, instead of pointed? Seems like that has a lot to do with them cracking. I wanted to upgrade to energy suspension bump stops but was told that was a no no because of the material they're made of. Who makes better bump stops? Does anyone make any that are longer, so the contact point between the bottom of the stop and the axle is more minimal as to prevent the rear from sagging at all on bumps? Or do I have the wrong idea here...
Old 05-12-2007, 04:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think you misunderstand their design. Take a look at this thread, as it helped me understand them a bit better.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/249607-bumpstop-spring-rates-inside.html

-Mike

Quick Reply: Are worn bump stops supposed to look like this?