Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors
View Poll Results: What suspension parts do you wish you went with?
i wish i bought the adjustable versions
27.91%
i wish i saved the money and got the non-adjustable
11.63%
i wish i got the spherical rod ends instead of the poly
13.95%
i wish i got just adjustable LCAs
4.65%
i wish i got just an adjustable panhard bar
16.28%
i bought the adjustable versions, but i have no idea how to adjust them!!
25.58%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Who wish they bought, or didnt buy, the adjustable version of their suspension parts?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn’t vote because there was no "I am glad I didn’t buy adjustable" option.
I use my car for street driving and drag/auto x three times a year. The only adjustable part I buy is the pan hard rod. The only reason I justify that is to keep the tires from rubbing on the inner wheel well.
I have fun full adjustable every thing and have seen little improvement over non-adjustable.
*note, this is with a good shop setting up the adjustable stuff for me. *
Flat out I have never seen a situation where I needed adjustable parts other than that pan hard bar mentioned earlier.
Originally Posted by Kingc8r
Save enough to buy the best stuff or adjustible stuff. If you're anything like most enthusiast you will most likely keep updating your car and as xBROKEx said ' better to have it and not need it thant to need it and not have it '
I just have issues with over-paying for something I dont need.
Also I have seen people buying the stuff and adjusting it wrong.
Old 04-08-2008, 09:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

I prefer the single adjustable pieces. I had the fear that the double adjustable (on-car) pieces could become un adjusted if the jam nut backed off at all. Plus once you set it you shouldnt have to change it.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:50 AM
TECH Resident

Adjustable suspension parts will pay for themselves many times over if you plan on changing setups over the years. Lowering, raising ride height, running bigger rear tires, being able to adjust pinion angle. Adjustable shocks are the ****.
I have double adjustable rod end LCAs and panhard. Love the easy on car adjustment. Have not had a jam nut come loose yet but I check everything regularly anyway. It can be overwhelming with a completely adjustable suspension, lots of trial and error to get everything setup but thats part of the fun too.

Quick Reply: Who wish they bought, or didnt buy, the adjustable version of their suspension parts?