Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Strano, I need your advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2007 | 09:16 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2001z
So lts and suspension upgrades and then replacing your rear is tossing it into the blender ? LOl i must have put mine with a stick of dynomite then !
I don't know what mods you have. Maybe you did
Old 05-23-2007 | 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

So you had the same tires on after you bought all your suspension upgrades and they rode fine till you added a 12bolt then you bought more of the same tire and it rides bad ? Just trying to get it straight first.

Yes, Buttttt! lemme clarify

the road bad during my 10 bolt and baln rare nittos and bald front falkens.. all around

then after my 12 bolt., the car wheelhopped (I think due to more agressive gearing 3.42 to 3.73) and my nittos werent sticky enough so they just wheelhopped/shook... and the car vibrated due to bald spots on front tires.

after I changed the tires

sumitomos front and Mickey Thompsons rear, the vibration went away as did the wheel hop. However. the car felt sloppy ( due to mickey thompsons) and when I brake hard ( I just had blanks and hawk pads all around) my tires screech easier than before ( I think that due to sumitomos being a worse tire than the falkens)

So either way the car was riding like ****, one mod after the other, one fixed something, but then another problem was created.

so now I need to fix the unstableness of the car( which is to have better rear tires) and need to have better front tires also.
Old 05-23-2007 | 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Buy 4 good matching street tires and get them balanced. Your running different tires and things with slicks and wondor why freeway driving is not optimal?

Why you replaced shocks. Just get back on 4 good street tires at about 30-31 psi or so and try that.
Old 05-23-2007 | 02:00 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by z28bryan
I don't know what mods you have. Maybe you did
Im guessing your the fastest car on this site LOL . The know all to end all right? suspension, LTs, gearing and whatnot is the normal mods people do first. What do you consider normal???
Old 05-23-2007 | 02:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by coolformula
Buy 4 good matching street tires and get them balanced. Your running different tires and things with slicks and wondor why freeway driving is not optimal?

Why you replaced shocks. Just get back on 4 good street tires at about 30-31 psi or so and try that.
Thanks. I was thinking of the eagle f1 goodyears up front and Nittos in the rear. My car felt nice with the nittos and falkens up front. So Im sure if that was good combo the goodyears instead will also be decent.

anyways Im gonna have to live with my M/Ts for now, they are brand new still.
Old 05-23-2007 | 04:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Im guessing your the fastest car on this site LOL . The know all to end all right? suspension, LTs, gearing and whatnot is the normal mods people do first. What do you consider normal???
Some of you guys can't take a little ball busting with some opinion tossed in. Dont get so defensive.

He said his goal after I asked. He wants to daily drive, road race, and 1/4 mile with his car. A road race setup can be counterproductive toward competitive drag racing times, and vice versa. But you CAN do it and still have fun and get some good times with it, and many do. No one will persuade me that an ET street is good for street driving however.

Does that make you feel better?

And yes I'm the fastest car on this site and I know everything

Last edited by z28bryan; 05-23-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-24-2007 | 01:51 AM
11 Second Club

Hahaha , Sam, so tell me are Goodyear eagle F1s a good choice for front and Nittos in the rear? Im laughing because I went to Paldale raceway today and made 23 passes and my week-old Mickey Thompsons are almost through. Im kind of sad, yet relieved,
Old 05-24-2007 | 06:00 AM
11 Second Club
15 Year Member

Which Eagle F1's? There's like 9 bazillion different versions. The GS-Cs are pretty decent tires, and the GS-D3's, though pricey, are one of the best tires out there for all-around street use.
Old 05-24-2007 | 08:13 AM
Banned

And yes I'm the fastest car on this site and I know everything[/QUOTE]

Go figure and so is half the people on this site LOL.

Last edited by 2001z; 05-24-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Old 05-24-2007 | 08:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LSGunZ28
Hahaha , Sam, so tell me are Goodyear eagle F1s a good choice for front and Nittos in the rear? Im laughing because I went to Paldale raceway today and made 23 passes and my week-old Mickey Thompsons are almost through. Im kind of sad, yet relieved,
Nittos are a good sticky tire that have a good wear rating. there decent for the track. If i was you i would have a set of rims for the rear that just have your mts or whatever drag tire you want for drag days and use a good street tire or nittos for normal and road racing use . Thats what alot of people do.
Old 05-24-2007 | 10:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Nittos are a good sticky tire that have a good wear rating. there decent for the track. If i was you i would have a set of rims for the rear that just have your mts or whatever drag tire you want for drag days and use a good street tire or nittos for normal and road racing use . Thats what alot of people do.
That is a good idea and it doesn't cost much. When you get around 400 rwhp, there aren't many street tires that keep you planted. With all street tires, the rear doesn't hold well. With all race tires, the front likes to follow the ruts. For daily driving, a front street tire and a rear 555r or something like a BFG dr would work great
Old 05-24-2007 | 04:23 PM
11 Second Club

I know I had Nittos 3 different times before the M/Ts.

so thats what Im gonna stick with on the rear.

what about for front. for my purposes?
In order:
DD
drag racing
road racing
Old 05-24-2007 | 04:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DuronClocker
Which Eagle F1's? There's like 9 bazillion different versions. The GS-Cs are pretty decent tires, and the GS-D3's, though pricey, are one of the best tires out there for all-around street use.

Okay... Umm, maybe I should look into them then.
Old 05-24-2007 | 07:33 PM
On The Tree

get some bfg's for the front. I have kdws's on my car all the way around only in a 275 40 17 since mine is a ws6. They are nice tires and hook pretty good. I cut about a 2.0 60 ft at the track with an auto and 4.10 gears. Many people have posted they are some of the best street tires you can get as far as traction goes. If I get on it hard in first coming down my road it spins a bit and spins good going into 2nd gear and when I pull in the driveway the gravel sticks to the tire so I know they are good and soft and dont take much heat up or hook them up. If I dont go full throttle as soon as the tree turns at the track and roll into full by about 10 to 15 foot the car doesnt spin until second at the track.

Quick Reply: Strano, I need your advice