Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

c6 brakes z51?

Old 05-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation c6 brakes z51?

i wanted to upgrade my brakes to the c6 z51.. but i need the part numbers.. i need the calipers #'s and the cross drilled rotors #
Old 05-24-2007, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm curious, why do you want those brakes? They aren't that much bigger than the C5 setup, and the drills/slots just weaken the rotor. Also, as a heads up, I know the rotors are directional and I believe at first GM was only able to acquire one side, so they used that rotor on both sides which had caused some problems early on. Might want to check into this to make sure its been fixed by now (or even was the case I guess, but that's what I'd read a while back).
Old 05-24-2007, 06:54 PM
Launching!

Kore 3 has this setup for sale.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:23 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by DuronClocker
I'm curious, why do you want those brakes? They aren't that much bigger than the C5 setup, and the drills/slots just weaken the rotor. Also, as a heads up, I know the rotors are directional and I believe at first GM was only able to acquire one side, so they used that rotor on both sides which had caused some problems early on. Might want to check into this to make sure its been fixed by now (or even was the case I guess, but that's what I'd read a while back).
You're thinking of the C6 Z06 rotors. Retarded design, yes. Temporary problem though.

I don't believe that the Z51 rotors actually have directional vanes...therefore there would be no right/left directionality. Could be wrong about that though.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm I was thinking that was the Z51 problem. Oh well. Either way, touch I PMed you the info on the company I purchased my stuff from (a lot of guys locally have too)
Old 05-24-2007, 10:28 PM
Teching In

Exclamation

thanx i was aware of the one way directional rotors but i was told those were for the c6 basic setup and that the z51 rotors were cross drilled and directional. i'm think i might be able to get the rotors and calipers at dealer price so thats what i need the factory numbers for.. but thanx for the website let me know how those brackets work out..

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: c6 brakes z51?