Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rack and pinion help heelp! .

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 11:40 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default rack and pinion help heelp! .

well i hit my z28 at the front and the rack and pinion was damaged ..i got a remanufactured (locally)one and now i bolt it and everything but the end of the rack points directly to the exhaust manifoldi cant conect the steering column to it .. cause is off like 1.5 or 2 inches . i think they give me a v6 one instead of a z28 one ... right ?? they are diferent.. i specify mine was z28 but theres always dumb people out there ..
now i was looking at rockauto and there are diferent type of racks and pinions. and don't know wich one to get .. one says Fe4 fe1 or something like that . whats the diference between those ?
Old 06-14-2007, 01:27 PM
On The Tree

somebody?
Old 06-23-2007, 07:44 PM
Staging Lane

the z28 had two options for suppension

Ride & Handling Suspension (FE2) w/ Special Suspension (FE4) w/ Heavy Duty Suspension (FE7) Option Codes
or
w/ Firm Ride & Handling Suspension (F41) Option Codes are Located on the

you can find the code listed in the "GM Service Parts Identification" Sticker on your drivers side door

My listed FE2 and FE7 in the middle of the sticker and I told NAPA that when i ordered it.
I am in the middle of the install now and can't seem to get the rack to frame mounting bolt on the driver side all the way out. the oil pan is too close. still working on it.

Quick Reply: rack and pinion help heelp! .