Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Brake bleeding? and lca/panhard rod end lubrication?

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2007, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake bleeding? and lca/panhard rod end lubrication?

Long story short, I'm changing out my left front brake caliper. My question is, do I have to bleed all 4 calipers or can I just bleed the left front that I'm changing.

ALSO, I just ordered UMI adj. LCA's and adj. panhard bar with the rod ends. I didn't feel like spending the $25 or $30, whatever it is, on their lubricants or greases. I think that's a little high. I am wondering what everyone is using to lube the lca's and panhard bars.

Thanks
Old 06-22-2007, 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

for the lca/phb, they send some grease with the stuff. it's a small packet though but it's enough to lube up the bushings.
Old 06-22-2007, 05:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1DER
Long story short, I'm changing out my left front brake caliper. My question is, do I have to bleed all 4 calipers or can I just bleed the left front that I'm changing.
both fronts need to be bled.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do your self a favor and bleed them all starting from the rear passenger side.
you can just use regular grease or lithium grease for the bushings.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:48 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

For lubricant here is what to get. To grease the poly bushings you want a heavy marine based grease, this is a gease that will not be washed away with water. It will last much longer then basic grease and help to prolong the bushing life. It will most likely be white and sticky.

For the rod ends you want a graphite spray, it sprays on and dries. This way dirt and other debris will not stick to it. Its can most likely be found at Napa, many farmers use this same type of spray for farm equipment to protect hinges, latches and other items that need to swivel and not bind.

The Super Lube we sell is good stuff, thats why its pricey. You are paying for a good product with a good name. But yes if you look around you can pick it up locally with a different brand for cheaper.

Hope that helps,
Ryan
Old 06-22-2007, 09:44 PM
Launching!

Lucas heavy duty grease for the bushings, along with Hoppe's Drilube (spelling?) for the rod end. So the Hoppe's is for guns, works great and I live in the Red Neck Riviera
Old 06-23-2007, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

I'm getting ready to install a line lock, so I read the haynes manual on bleeding the brakes. It says to do all 4 anytime you open the system to air. It says start w/ left rear, then rt frt, lft frt, rgt rear, repeat!
Old 06-23-2007, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Thanks for the input. I went ahead and bled all 4. Thanks Ryan for the info and not just blowing me off b/c I said I didn't want to buy your stuff. I'll get that stuff picked up.

Quick Reply: Brake bleeding? and lca/panhard rod end lubrication?