Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

c6 zo6 calipers on f body?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 12:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the C6 Z06 brakes sounds real good and all, but, doesn't sound like there is much gain (in the case of an F-body) over the C5 Z06 brakes which sounds to me to be alot cheaper and easier to deal with. I bought some VERY well made and tested conversion brackets from someone 3 years ago (i can't name the person cuz he isn't a sponsor and for all i know doesn't make them anymore) for my C5 conversion that I did and I have absolutely no regrets. I did it more for the look than the function, but, in the end, it cost me about $1100 including the rear Z06 calipers and pads. The only thing that bothers me is that I have a "Camaro" and not a "Corvette" as its so nicely advertised on the face of the caliper.
Old 06-25-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I decided to make my car into a great handling machine I decided to do something significant with my brakes, so I looked at the aftermarket brake manufacturers and I finally decided on getting the Wilwood 6-piston Superlight calipers with the 13" 2-pc rotors, I haven't had any regrets.

I actually entertained the thought of the C5 conversion kit, even bought the brackets, but when I realized that the difference in stopping power was minimal, I figured I'd get me something with more significant stopping power...

The Baer brake kit is the C5 calipers anyway, and the Eradispeed rotors tend to stress crack, so I decided against them.

It was either the Brembo's or APBrakes(they never called me back, so I figure they didn't want my business) or Wilwoods...

Truth be told, if this is for street applications only, then getting steel braided lines and some good brake pads and change the brake fluid to a DOT 4 or racing fluid and you should be juuuuuuust fine.

I wanted more than that though, I wanted some SERIOUS braking power.

My .02

Quick Reply: c6 zo6 calipers on f body?