Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

slp springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 12:26 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slp springs

Was looking at the SLP webpage and was looking at the resoration parts and was wondering if the rear level 2 was a lowering spring or just a regular spring. I was lookin into changin shocks and springs on my car but dont want to lower my car.
Old 06-28-2007, 12:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

To answer you, those are lowering springs. If you aren't wishing to lower the car, don't change springs. Add some appropriate shocks and you'll be pretty shocked (pun definitely intended) at the difference. The OEM springs really aren't all that bad for ride or handling. The stock shocks on the other hand...... yeck.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 06-28-2007, 01:50 PM
Teching In

ok Thanks, What is a good set of shocks to get. I dont ever road race or anything like that. Just mainly drag race.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

I'd most likely put you on a set of Bilstein HD's. $349 for all 4. There are two "buts" however, Currently on national backorder (fronts), and I use an older valving that worked better than the "new and improved" one. Basically my HD's aren't the same as everyone else's HD's because I recognized there was an issue in the changed valving (and got a couple of sudden ride complaints about that time). So I reverted back to a valving I get no complaints on and used for a long time on my own car.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 06-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Teching In

Sweet, i'll get ahold of you when i get the money to get the shocks. Shouldnt be to much longer. thanks for the help.