Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Rear alignment is off after Koni SA/heater hose mode, car pulls right, specs inside

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear alignment is off after Koni SA/heater hose mode, car pulls right, specs inside

Would an adjustable trac bar/panhard rod fix this rear toe issue? I'm thinking no, but I need some help to figure this out. Car pulls to right, and gets a bit "twitchy" when near the limits. Front alignment is good, tires are all new (so it's not a "radial pull" ) I haven't run over anything or been in an accident, etc. I do have heater hose on top of the rear springs, FWIW. WTF, mate?

Rear toe:
left 0.35*
right 0.0*

Rear camber:
Left 0.5*
Right -0.3*

Thrust angle:
0.2*

Front Caster:
left 5.3*
right 5.6*

Front Camber:
left 0.5*
right 0.4*

Front Toe:
left 0.0*
right 0.0*
total 0.0*
Old 07-01-2007, 08:23 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

* Adjustable LCAs allow you to adjust the rear axle forward/aft/diagonally.
* Adjustable PHB allows you to adjust the rear axle left/right.
* With both you can adjust the rear axle in all horizontal directions (left/right/forward/aft/diagonally) to center it under the car.
* Ajustable PHB isnt necessary for stock right hide, but is necessary when the ride height is changed (ex: lowering the car).

Adjustable LCAs will fix that thrust angle / rear tow issue.

I don't know what to do about the rear camber. It looks like the rear axle is bent.

You should get the car aligned to change that positive front camber to negative camber.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....38&postcount=3
Old 07-01-2007, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VIP1
* Adjustable LCAs allow you to adjust the rear axle forward/aft/diagonally.
* Adjustable PHB allows you to adjust the rear axle left/right.
* With both you can adjust the rear axle in all horizontal directions (left/right/forward/aft/diagonally) to center it under the car.
* Ajustable PHB isnt necessary for stock right hide, but is necessary when the ride height is changed (ex: lowering the car).

Adjustable LCAs will fix that thrust angle / rear tow issue.

I don't know what to do about the rear camber. It looks like the rear axle is bent.

You should get the car aligned to change that positive front camber to negative camber.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....38&postcount=3
Yeah, on my jeep i needed adjustable trac bars when lifting to change the centering of the axle, but it also affected thrust of a 5 link suspension due to pulling the axle over when the ride height was chagned. I figured our suspension was similar even though it is not a 5 link, but the lower control arms will still shift with our thrust arm and lower CA set up, causing a thurst. But the camber thing baffles me...