Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Anyone has these LCA's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2007, 06:36 PM
SS7
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone has these LCA's? (J&M)

Just found these on ebay, produced by J&M Products. If anyone has them, please let me know how they are.

Last edited by SS7; 07-02-2007 at 09:26 PM.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:33 PM
TECH Veteran

I have seem those around ebay. Not to popular here, might go with UMI or BMR.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those look like the aluminum models. I would hesitate to use them.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have some that look similar to those... i dont even kno the brand of them lol..there spherical rod ends tho...i DD them and they are NOISY! but they do help with traction, and getting rid of wheel hop... id save and get some BMR or UMI ones tho.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:31 PM
TECH Resident

I got this style from J&M off of ebay. I am very happy with them. No Noise and they did help with traction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERF-...spagenameZWDVW
Old 07-02-2007, 11:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 71-Camaro-98
I got this style from J&M off of ebay. I am very happy with them. No Noise and they did help with traction.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PERF-...spagenameZWDVW

those are not noisy cuz of the rubber bushing...the ones he posted are sypherical...

id get some like the ones in this link tho...
Old 07-03-2007, 11:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by koolaid_kid
Those look like the aluminum models. I would hesitate to use them.

Not if it's a solid bar, just find out what kind of aluminum it is.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Launching!

Yea definately get a more well known company. And be prepared for a LOT of NOISE! The handling improvement is huge, but I personally got sick of the noise, thats why I have a set of poly/poly LCA's coming today!
Old 07-03-2007, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by suburbanlife866
Yea definately get a more well known company. And be prepared for a LOT of NOISE! The handling improvement is huge, but I personally got sick of the noise, thats why I have a set of poly/poly LCA's coming today!

yea the noise is getting to me to...anyone wanna trade?
Old 07-03-2007, 03:56 PM
SS7
Teching In

Thanks for the replies guys, are the rod ends really that noisy? What about this UMI version?

Old 07-03-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a set of those Hotpart/JM Enterprises LCA's (actually that looks like the Mustang version in the pic) on my car and I love them. They use an excellent quality rod end that's a step up from the QA1 ends that we've all used for years. The fit and finish and build quality of them are excellent. The alloy is a 6061 T6 if I remember correctly (and I might be off on that, but I'm fairly sure that's the case). I know of a car running a similar aluminum rod that bent the axle in a collision without bending or breaking the LCA. How strong do you want them? I'm running them on a 1992 Camaro that's pretty much a dedicated track car (and I'll be beating the "wee" out of them) and I have no issues at all with them. There is a lot of junk out there on the market. Those are not any of that off brand junk you're thinking of. They are fantastic.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:21 PM
Launching!

I have them and their AL rod-ended PHB. Road noise increased some but not as bas as I anticipated. I've been daily driving them for over six months and have not had a problem yet. They are a great buy in my opinion.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS7
Thanks for the replies guys, are the rod ends really that noisy? What about this UMI version?

These are the ones to get!

LCA's NEED to be able to twist because both rear wheels don't always go up and down at the same time!!! Poly/Poly LCA's dont allow this
Old 07-04-2007, 05:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by OldeSkool
...LCA's NEED to be able to twist because both rear wheels don't always go up and down at the same time!!! Poly/Poly LCA's dont allow this
I'm confused. I would think the rod/rod units would not allow twist. But I am not an expert on this subject.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm confused. I would think the rod/rod units would not allow twist. But I am not an expert on this subject.
They do. He was actually trying to say not to buy the poly/poly versions. The rod/rod units work perfectly.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

They allow for improved articulation. The bar itself does not twist, but the rod ends do facilitate the articulation.
Old 07-04-2007, 08:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by VIP1
They allow for improved articulation. The bar itself does not twist, but the rod ends do facilitate the articulation.
Ewe shure duz tawk funny.
Actually, you forced me to go to the dictionary, since I have a reasonable command of the Queen's English and I normally associate articulation with either speech or bone joints. The best I could come up with is "the shape or manner in which things come together and a connection is made".
So what you are saying is that they make it easier for things to move freely?
I am not flaming, nor am I arguing. I am merely attempting to comprehend your statement and the benefits of the rod ends, since LCAs are in my future.
Old 07-04-2007, 09:59 PM
TECH Resident

The hyme (heim) joint will pass all the noise from the axle into the chassis of the car. They are noisy and intended for race cars where the noise isn't an issue. The hotpart street LCAs have a type of hyme joint but it is a patent pending polyurethane design that allows far less into the car. These joints also articulate. It's not a popular thing to promote products from non-sponsors but in this case you were originally asking about that manufacturer's product. They have the full race version with the double ended hyme joint, single hyme and the articulating polyurethane joint. This is what I have on order along with relocating brackets.
Old 07-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

So what you are saying is that they make it easier for things to move freely?
Yes. Think of your hip bone. Now compare that to a door hinge. That is the difference (degrees & directions of motion) between heim joints (hip bone analogy) and poly bushings (door hinge analogy). Heim joints allow for a greater degree of motion in more directions than poly bushings (which actually limit it).

Originally Posted by 01Z28M6
The hyme (heim) joint will pass all the noise from the axle into the chassis of the car. They are noisy and intended for race cars where the noise isn't an issue.
Not all heim joints are the same. Some have a teflon lining which makes them operate more smoothly and be a quieter. That being said, heim joints are wear items and will eventually loosen up an require replacement.

The hotpart street LCAs have a type of hyme joint but it is a patent pending polyurethane design that allows far less into the car.
That is not a heim joint.

These joints also articulate.
Not much information available on how much articulation, but its still not as much as a real heim joint.

articulating polyurethane joint.
That is an oxymoron.

Before anyone asks... rod end = heim joint

Last edited by VIP1; 07-04-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-04-2007, 11:36 PM
TECH Resident

It is a ball within a socket with an axis through the ball and that is what I understand as the description of a heim joint. That's why "I" say it is a type of heim. I would have done better not using those terms but for the sake of brevity I did. As for the degree of articulation, the design is for street use, much more rigid and the rotation is obviously better than what comes on the car from the factory or aftermarket LCAs with straight poly bushings.

Quick Reply: Anyone has these LCA's?