Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front Drag Springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 02:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Drag Springs

Ok, I'm about to redo the whole suspension on my car. I'm setting it up for drag racing, so most likely it won't get lowered, but I have a few questions first.

My car is a WS.6 I think the factory spring rates for the springs is 300, I'll be stepping sown to a 275 for drag with the QA1 Coil-over setup. How big of a difference is the 25lbs less going to make? Granted these springs have 140k miles on them, so they could have deteriorated to below 275 themselves I'm also currently running a Bilstien HD with them.

Second question is would it be a waste to get a rear-coil over setup for the car? I'd probably get the Spohn kit that uses the QA-1 shock, with a 150# spring rate. Reason for doing this would be to have adjustability in ride height in case I did ever want to lower the car, and also isn't a coil-over setup a more efficient design?

Lastly, if I decide not to go with a rear CO setup, who makes a rear spring that would be appropriately matched to the QA1 shock at 150#'s for Drag racing?

Thanks in advance for your info.

Paul