Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lowered car wheel alignment specs

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2007, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowered car wheel alignment specs

What do you guys recommend for a daily driven 2001 WS6 (lowered) alignment specs

Camber - ????????

Caster - ????????

Toe - ????????

After dropping the car, I let it settle, had it aligned but at highway speeds it sounds like "road noise" .....kinda hard to describe.

All of the tires are balanced......

I guess I should add that i have stock tires sizes, Bilsteins, and DMS lowering springs....

Old 07-13-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Junkie

I have a more specific question. What would be the best alignment for the lowest tire wear. I'm not sure if theres different cases of this answer? I am assuming an even toe angle wears the least given that the wheels point straight, or is there more to it than that? I know that the stock slight toe in is more safe, but I found even toe was safe enough.
Old 07-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 187 Likes on 141 Posts

Check the sticky:
General Suspension Issues/Questions FAQ

Specifically this topic:
Alignment Specs
Old 07-13-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just make everything neutral. If your not autocrossin or driving @200 mph no need for fancy alignments. Just make it neutral and save dem tires.
Old 07-14-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Regular

If you like to turn hard a little neg. camber is best for handling and wear: say -.25 deg should be a safe bet.

If you like the car extremely stable on worn/crowned roads, a little toe-in is best: 1/16". Zero toe will give you better turn-in responce. 1/32" toe-in is a safe bet and best for wear due to dynamic toe causing the wheels to move slightly out due to wheel forces and bushing materials.

Caster of +4 to +5 deg. is fine. +5 will have a more on center feel with a quicker wheel return to center, but will be a bit heavier to steer.

I'm running -.75 camber and 1/16 toe-in now, but I think I'm going to tweak it to zero toe tomorrow. It feels a little numb right now.

I feel the more neg. camber I run, the more toe-in I need to keep it managable as a daily driver. I used to have -1.3 deg. camber and needed the 1/16 toe-in to keep her straight, but going down to -.75, less toe-in may feel better.