Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Removed SFC's with Dremel - easy

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 07:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I HAD to do sub-frame connectors so my right rear fender would stop developing what some call 'body wrinkles'. It's been argued every way and then sideways on these forums. Some say the 'body wrinkles' are a myth, but, after the 3rd one appeared on my right rear quarter panel, I went with SFC's and never have developed another one. SUB-frame connectors saved my car from a LOT of damage ... slid into a median in the rain and the SFC's hit the beveled edge of the curbing while my car was sideways in the rain at about 60 mph. Makes for a great jacking rail, as well. It didn't stiffen up my ride TOO much. For me they were a good thing. I guess it depends on whether you want to take your car on long trips or if you commute a lot of miles to work each day. I only live 2 miles from work, so, the driving's not bad. If you don't mind the extra weight, I think they are a good thing to have, however, I have been thing of cutting mine off, as well. I'm just afraid it will start making the tires lift unevenly on launch and maybe cause my launch to NOT be perectly straight like it is now.

Quick Reply: Removed SFC's with Dremel - easy