Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Installed BMR SFC's - Ahhh, Much Better!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2007, 07:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installed BMR SFC's - Ahhh, Much Better!

I should have done SFC's first! I had the tubular weld-in SFC's installed today, and it is a night and day difference. The car isn't 100% flex-free, but I'd say 90-95%. The difference can be felt when driving straight, taking a turn fast, hitting a bump, and driving over speed bumps.
Old 07-22-2007, 02:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see you have hotchkis springs also did it cause the ride to be any more rough?
Old 07-22-2007, 02:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Yeah, my BMR's firmed up my car a lot when I had them welded in. They saved me from really banging up the car not long ago, as well. I hydroplaned in a heavy rain and slid over a bevelled curb ... up into the median, sideways. If not for the subf-frame connectors, it would have bent the car up pretty badly and busted the bottom trim up under the door. Barley scratched the steel SFC's and prob saved me from $1,000 or more of damage.

They also stopped nearly ALL the cabin noise, i.e., squeaks, rattles, etc.
Old 07-26-2007, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SpdFrk1990
I see you have hotchkis springs also did it cause the ride to be any more rough?
The ride isn't any more rough than before. I have to admit, I'm not a fan of the ride caused by the Hotchkis springs. Its pretty firm, but the car came with them already installed.
Old 07-26-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by patricksd
The ride isn't any more rough than before. I have to admit, I'm not a fan of the ride caused by the Hotchkis springs. Its pretty firm, but the car came with them already installed.
What shocks are on it?
Old 07-26-2007, 11:52 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

yep. I see the springs in the sig, but not any shocks. Cars with stock shocks on lowering springs ride like crap and transmit a ton of harshness into the unibody.

Anyway, glad you like your changes.

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 07-26-2007, 01:15 PM
On The Tree

What shocks are on it?
To be honest, I'm not sure. They are aftermarket, but when the car was on the lift, I could not make them out.

The shocks will be changed in the near future, probably to Bilstein. Regardless, I'm still not a fan of lowering springs (more so for ground clearance issues as opposed to ride quality).
Old 07-26-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Addict

Hotchkis springs are not that low unless you want to do some off roading in a camaro. I have long tubes with hotchkis and plenty of ground clearance. Any lower though would be bad. Like sportlines I dont see how people do it ide scrape everywhere.
Old 07-26-2007, 01:38 PM
On The Tree

Hotchkis springs are not that low unless you want to do some off roading in a camaro. I have long tubes with hotchkis and plenty of ground clearance. Any lower though would be bad. Like sportlines I dont see how people do it ide scrape everywhere.
From looking at pictures on here, I think other brands may sit lower than Hotchkis. But my car does sit low. I had to tuck the y-pipe really close to the floor board to avoid scraping (after header install). My problem is scraping over speed bumps.

Like I said, just not a fan of lowering, the car just came this way and I've only had it two months.

Quick Reply: Installed BMR SFC's - Ahhh, Much Better!