Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR questions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2003, 02:45 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default BMR questions?

I currently have all stock suspension, except homemade SFCs, and I plan to buy all BMR components. The thing that I was wondering is, if all of it will work for a 12-bolt because I plan to get one in the future? Is there any modifications that need to be done for any of it to fit and work properly? Thanks
Old 05-28-2003, 03:31 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: BMR questions?

I think the only issue you'd have is with relocation brackets. The bolt ins are only made for 10bolts, but the weld ins can be welded to either. Now if you have your relocation brackets welded on to your 10 bolt you will need to get another set for the 12 bolt. Other than that, the sway bars, control arms, and panhard rod should all be fine
Old 05-28-2003, 03:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Im sorry I am not answering your real question, but heres just a suggestion (suggested to me by Trackbird). The BMR lower control arms are noisy(er) [than most]. I was told that the LG Motorsports LCAs were much quieter (although a little more expensive). Find them here.

I am building the same thing most likely as you with as many BMR parts as I can, but I will be using the LGs for the LCAs and panhard, just because my car is for mostly in-town use, and noisy stuff kinda looks bad. On a drag car though, it wouldnt matter.

Maybe shoot trackbird an PM if you need more info, hes the suspension man.

Heres my post on my setup that is soon to be.
Old 05-28-2003, 11:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have all BMR components (sfc, lca, rel brackets, adj phr) and I must say I am satisfied with the results, despite my tire rubbing. The parts, LCAs mostly are a bit noisy, but I'll live with it for now.
Old 05-29-2003, 10:21 AM
9 Second Club NA

Are the BMR chromoly adjustable lower control arms with the poly/rubber bushings still noisy? I was told that the rubber side goes on the body and that the poly side goes on the bracket on the rear. Reason being, is that the rubber will dampen most of the noise since its on the body side. I take it the only reason for the LCAs to be adjustable is to line up the wheels underneath the fender well, is this true or are there other reasons? Thanks
Old 05-29-2003, 10:35 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have not used them personally, but I suspect the poly/rubber set to be nearly as quiet as stock. I doubt that you will have noise issues with that set of LCA's. Just my thoughts....
Old 05-29-2003, 02:53 PM
9 Second Club NA

About it being adjustable, is what I said true, or are there other reasons? Thanks
Old 05-29-2003, 03:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

I've got the BMR poly/rubber LCA's and I can't tell a difference in noise over stock.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:34 PM
TECH Junkie

I've had both the BMR poly/rubber LCA's and now the G2 poly/rod LCA's. Neither are any noisier than stock when installed and lubricated properly.

Quick Reply: BMR questions?