Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

best bang for the buck springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2007, 11:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default best bang for the buck springs

need to lower my car alittle and i am just wondering what you guys think is the best spring for the money. Im guessing alot of you will say buy strano springs. What sets Strano springs apart from other springs? why are one set of springs better than others?
Old 09-23-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this has been covered countless times already

that said, it's really going to depend on what your intentions are for the car. if drag racing is your main focus, i'd stay away from lowering altogether, and just get some good drag shocks/springs.

if road racing/auto-x is your focus, the shocks/springs are going to have completely different requirements than the drag setup will. in this case, the majority consensus is Koni/Strano. after all, the man has tried many different setups for this purpose, has custom-tailored this setup, and he & his customers have won many races with it...how can you argue with what wins?

if you just want something that looks good and is a daily driver/weekend warrior/show car......then just get some springs that have the desired amount of drop (you can usually add about 5% - 15% due to settling over time), and be sure that the shocks you get are valved to match the springs, or are adjustable, like the Koni's.

and better yet, if you have an F-Body group in your area that hangs out frequently, you can always just go make friends with them, and see first-hand what kind of setup they have, and decide on whether you like it or not.
Old 09-23-2007, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

as for what makes the strano springs better?

a big part of it is simply that everyone else came out with their springs back in 98 or 99 and just sorta guessed at what would work. Many are the same as they were back in 93-94.

Strano having the ability to pick custom rate springs for his car and adjust his ride height and having plenty of experience driving and tuning took his rates and made a direct fit spring kit of what is basically the sweet spot for springs. I think thats it in a nutshell... but practically this just leads to a spring that is at the best possible height for handling and rates that perform well as well as ride well.
Old 09-24-2007, 12:00 AM
On The Tree

thanks. thats all i needed to know.

Quick Reply: best bang for the buck springs