Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni SA v. SLP Bilstein shocks

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2007 | 02:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Koni SA v. SLP Bilstein shocks

I know that most will say that the Konis are better. Are the Konis twice as good as the Bilsteins? I currently have the SLP Bilsteins and bought a replacement set about a year ago.

Also, how long do shocks last? I currently have 60,000 miles on my current set of Bilsteins.
Old 09-23-2007 | 02:12 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't answer the mileage question, but if you are at stock ride heaght I would think the Bilsteins would be fine for you as long as you are at stock ride height unless you do a lot of auto-x/road racing.
Old 09-23-2007 | 02:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My car is lowered and I recently took up road racing.
Old 09-23-2007 | 02:20 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In that case the SLP Bilsteins do not have the proper damping for your setup (lowered). Koni's would probably be worth it for your application. If you don't want to spend the money on Konis then a set of Sam Strano's revalved Bilsteins are a good alternative. Something to think about though is that the Koni's are adjustable, unlike the Bilsteins, so if you ever have a reason to want your shocks set differently you will not need a whole new set. And when you think about how much money we dump into our cars $250 (or somewhere around there) more for the Koni's is really a drop in the bucket. That having been said, both are great shocks for your application.
Old 09-23-2007 | 02:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Thank you for your helpful comments.