Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

help me pick what i need to lower my car

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 01:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

You can do a number of things cheaper, but what you get is a cheaper result.

I sell other shocks (Tokico, KYB, Edelbrock, Monroe, Gabriel, Koni, Bilstein), I sell other springs (Eibach, Hotchkis, SLP, Suspension Techniques, B&G, Vogtland, H&R, etc). I'm not keen on selling things that I don't believe are up to the task. What that task is exactly, I'm not sure and can't be without speaking to you.

You can just put lowering springs on, that's all, nothing else. I would not recommend that course of action, but you can. As far as I'm concerned when you do springs, you should also do appropriate shocks, and an adjustable panhard bar. NOTHING else is required, or even necessary. LCA relocation brackets are not in any way required. My car is lowered, I don't have them, and my car is a "handling" car.

Shocks are the biggest issue with these cars, NOT the springs. The stock shocks are not good for stock springs. Adding lower and stiffer springs to stock shocks doesn't help things much. And you'd still want an adjustable PHB to re-center the body over top of the axle as it will shift when you lower the car.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion