Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

FYI: Brake rotor/pad specials

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 01:05 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

Default FYI: Brake rotor/pad specials

Posted over in the Sponsor section. Being this is the Suspension and BRAKES section, I'd thought I'd let you know: https://ls1tech.com/forums/sponsor-sales-specials/797099-brake-package-specials.html
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 10-11-2007, 02:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sam, do you think if you petitioned/pleaded with Ate long enough, that they would cast a "blank' rotor for our application?? I read your post in sponsors, and understand your lack of worry over the Ate's orbital slots, but some of us just like a blank better.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:22 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I don't think they'll really care about what one small company wants. Also as I understand it, these are cast with the pattern in and cleaned up. Which is unlike most rotors that have the slots added later by cutting the rotor face. Between that, and the fact the grooves are not as deep, I have not worry one about the durability of these rotors.

We can also wait for Brembo. Or we have a number of other rotors too, but they aren't exactly in the same kind of ballpark, or are way too much money. I'm not in anyway trying to force anyone onto these. I've beleive that these are the best option when price and quality are considered given the availability issues Brembo has. And those issues are stemming from different means of production, which means I'm unsure how the Brembo's due to come in will differ (if at all) from what we know.

I wouldn't knock the ATE's because of the slots, because the slots aren't what we are accustomed to, and ATE is certainly not some fly-by-night, Johnny-come-lately company.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well damn and I just got a set of rotors too
Old 10-11-2007, 04:41 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
I wouldn't knock the ATE's because of the slots, because the slots aren't what we are accustomed to, and ATE is certainly not some fly-by-night, Johnny-come-lately company.
Understood. In fact, I suspect that the Ate's quality/metallugy may even be better than the Euro sourced/produced Brembos (let alone where ever thay may be sourced from now). That's why I was asking, as a solid Ate could possibly be the "be all, end all" of stock sized f body rotors. That's all I was inferring.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:54 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Understood.

Quick Reply: FYI: Brake rotor/pad specials