Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

best tubular k-member?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default best tubular k-member?

ive got kooks 1 7/8 headers and im thinking of losing some weight up front. what is your preference in k-members? also what springs can i put up front to bring it down but not to indanger my new headers? thanks guys.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

If this is a drag-strip only car, any k-member will do, shop on price and weight.

BUT If this is a car that sees street duty even as just a weekend car or most certainly a daily driver, and definitely if you have any intention to road race or autocross, you need to stay away from the lightweight drag race k-members because they hold too many important things together up front and are not really strong enough for the job.

BUT thankfully there are the UMI k-members which I believe still come in 2 versions. They are the only K-members i've seen that I would trust on my car.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Also, Koni SA shocks on the lower perch will allow you to use your stock springs and drop your front down 3/4 of an inch.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by OldeSkool
If this is a drag-strip only car, any k-member will do, shop on price and weight.

BUT If this is a car that sees street duty even as just a weekend car or most certainly a daily driver, and definitely if you have any intention to road race or autocross, you need to stay away from the lightweight drag race k-members because they hold too many important things together up front and are not really strong enough for the job.

BUT thankfully there are the UMI k-members which I believe still come in 2 versions. They are the only K-members i've seen that I would trust on my car.
so i take it the bmr, and the qa1 wont work very well? the car is a DD so yeah. i was just pretty curious if there was one preffered over another. but thanks for the info. bmr has one for a turbo and another for an ls1.. thanks for the info though.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:43 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks OldeSkool

We offer a very nice K-member that would work well for you. It is designed for both drag racing and more importantly daily driving.

Also QA1 shocks and springs will work well depending on your driving. If the car will see some drag racing the QA1 shocks will be ok to use. However if its just a daily driver and street car there are some other options like mentioned such as Koni's... it depends on your budget too.

We can set you up with a K-member and QA1 shocks if interested. If you have any questions please feel free to call us and pick our brains.

K-Members- http://www.umiperformance.com/produc...ategory_id=122

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 10-15-2007, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I like my Spohn K-frame. It's really easy to work around.
Old 10-15-2007, 10:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
Thanks OldeSkool

We offer a very nice K-member that would work well for you. It is designed for both drag racing and more importantly daily driving.

Also QA1 shocks and springs will work well depending on your driving. If the car will see some drag racing the QA1 shocks will be ok to use. However if its just a daily driver and street car there are some other options like mentioned such as Koni's... it depends on your budget too.

We can set you up with a K-member and QA1 shocks if interested. If you have any questions please feel free to call us and pick our brains.

Thank you!
Ryan
Thanks Ryan ill look into it and see whats up.
Old 10-16-2007, 11:15 AM
12 Second Club

Thanks OldeSkool

Thank you!
Ryan
how much does the road race kmember weigh over the drag kmember?
Old 10-16-2007, 12:19 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Hennytime
how much does the road race kmember weigh over the drag kmember?

If you read the ad's they tell you this

The road race version is 3lbs heavier then the drag race version
Old 10-16-2007, 09:35 PM
12 Second Club

If you read the ad's they tell you this

The road race version is 3lbs heavier then the drag race version
im illiterate during the week
Old 10-16-2007, 09:48 PM
FormerVendor