Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Bmr & Koni Sa

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 10:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Default Bmr & Koni Sa

I'm looking at going for this setup. I don't want my car to be too low but do want it to have a nice stance. I have considered a few setups and this one seems to have the stance i'm looking for. Does anyone have any pics of it cause I only saw two cars with the bmr springs but not the shocks but would that make much a difference in the view from a picture. If any of you have any other suggestions i'm open to them. Thanks
Old 10-25-2007, 12:39 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

check out the strano springs everyone seems to be extremely happy with them.
Old 10-25-2007, 12:07 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

The Koni's are great, we sell tons of them and can help you set them up. As for the springs, I don't think BMR's are the worst out there (they aren't), but I do prefer what we make, and I'm sure everyone else prefers their products too, we all believe we are doing the best job. The reasons I had mine made was because I wanted some specific things, like linear working rates, front vs. rear rates that make for the best balance, but also capable or not riding like a buckboard. And as a perk, our springs are a significantly lighter than everyone else's. And when I say lighter, I mean over 10 pounds and normally more like 15 pounds for a set of 4. Also ours are guaranteed to be within 2% of the nominal rate, which is a tighter tolerance than Eibach Racing Springs and the same as Hypercoil Racing springs.

And if you want to see them, here you go:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/576054-before-after-pics-strano-springs.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/686357-strano-springs-pics-inside.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/653781-strano-springs-pics.html

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/688764-suspension-parts.html

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-25-2007, 04:15 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks sam I love the stance on all the cars especially the third one.I have always considered your products but now i'm totally sold. All I need now is a price so I can the dough right. Thanks again
Old 10-25-2007, 04:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

$269 with the shipping included. Can order 'em here: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7
or by phone if you'd like. And Koni's can be found on this page: http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...D=20&ModelID=7

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 10-25-2007, 07:11 PM
10 Second Club

So would you recommend Koni's or bilstein? I don't want to sound repetitive but gotta make sure I purchase the right stuff. I'm going for a nice stance but not lowered too much to where the fron tires suck up in the fenders too much and the back not to close to the fenders. I have pics of my car now if you want to look at them
Old 10-25-2007, 07:20 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Don't take this the wrong way, but this is why I talk to my customers.... That way you can't buy the wrong things, and I can protect my knowledge. Nobody likes to work for their information and give it way for someone else to benefit. I'm sorry to say that, but far too often in past have folks taken what I've volunteered to give the sale to someone else.

Our pricing is more than fair, and you get detailed information about the shocks, and any other items. That's a built in part of the sale around here.

What I can tell you is this. No Bilstein off the shelf form is suitable for a lowered car with spring rates like you are looking at. And Bilstein's are also on national backorder.

Old 10-25-2007, 07:25 PM
10 Second Club

I completely understand. To make it easier i'll call you when i'm ready to spend the money. Without a doubt i'm going to go with your expertise cause I want only the best for my car. Thanks for all the help.
Old 10-26-2007, 11:50 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I appreciate you understanding, not everyone does. I just hate having to watch my step, but sometimes things happen that cause me to re-evaluate.

Please know that I'm not out to rape anyone on price, and I encourage you to check pricing for yourselves to confirm that on the whole I'm very, very price competitive. It comes down to what you seem to understand, and that's what you get for the purchase price beyond the product itself.

Again, I appreciate your understanding and feel free to call me with questions. I'll answer what I can withing reason for anyone, and will answer anything I can for customers are honestly as possible, up to and including telling you "I don't know" if that' the case.

Old 10-27-2007, 08:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
$269 with the shipping included. Can order 'em here: http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=18&ModelID=7
or by phone if you'd like. And Koni's can be found on this page: http://www.stranoparts.com/searchbym...D=20&ModelID=7
Both links are down.

Bill
Old 10-28-2007, 05:40 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Please know that I'm not out to rape anyone on price
Don't worry. We know that you are not to rape anyone on price. Knowledge is priceless. Especially if the knowledge helps you buy the right parts the first time.

Last edited by VIP1; 10-28-2007 at 11:36 AM. Reason: fixed quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
So would you recommend Koni's or bilstein? I don't want to sound repetitive but gotta make sure I purchase the right stuff. I'm going for a nice stance but not lowered too much to where the fron tires suck up in the fenders too much and the back not to close to the fenders. I have pics of my car now if you want to look at them
the stance should not be affected by the shocks at all, that is not the job of the shocks. the springs are what set the stance. the sole job of the shocks is to control the movement of the springs when they are compressing & depressing.

if you've already decided on Strano's springs, then you're gonna get a very similar stance to what you see in pictures of other people's rides with his springs. this will obviously be a little different for every car, because no two cars are exactly the same weight. if you have a subwoofer enclosure in the back, the rear may sit a bit lower than others' cars....if you swapped in an iron engine block, the front may sit a bit lower, and so on.

and since the Bilsteins are on national backorder, to me, the choice of shocks to buy would seem to be a fairly easy one. you just need to decide whether you want shocks that are going to be better for drag racing, or shocks that are better for handling. this is where you will want to call Sam and talk to him in person, so he can recommend the shocks that are going to give you what you want.
Old 10-28-2007, 09:39 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks for all the info. I plan on getting them withing the next 2 weeks so I will speak with you then Sam