Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

rear springs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rear springs?

When I bought my WS6 it had lowering springs and adjustable shocks. it was WAY too low, like rediculously low. the front wheels were negatively cambered way too much, the rear was not as low but still too low. I bought a set of oem springs online and installed them. the front of the car sits where I want it but the rear sits a little high, I will take measurements and post pics as soon as I can but I wonder if I can buy two springs for the rear to drop it down and level it off with the front. it is probably about an inch too high or so....any suggestions?
Old 10-28-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

no need....if it's just an inch too high, do the heater hose mod. just remove the rubber isolator that sits at the top of the spring in the rear, and slip on a length of (i think) 5/8" (or maybe 3/4") heater hose, enough to cover the top coil. that will drop you right around 3/4" of an inch in the rear, and probably give you exactly the look you're going for. best of all, this only costs however much a couple feet of heater hose costs, and probably 30 mins of time.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ohhh....sounds good to me...what steps to i take to install? like jack up the rear...etc?
Old 10-28-2007, 12:46 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i've not done the mod myself, so i don't know all the steps involved.....but from what i gather, all you should need to do is jack up the rear by the body and let the axle hang down so you can remove the springs. once the springs have been removed, simply unbolt the rubber isolator from the top, slip on the heater hose onto the top coil of the springs, then reassemble.