Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Koni Install and settings, SUCCESS, whole new ride!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 06:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Koni Install and settings, SUCCESS, whole new ride!!!

AAAAAHHHHH,

I just finished setting all four while driving home from the Academy! Damn, what a difference it has made. The 98 feels better than it did in 98 when I bought it as a Drill Sergeant at Benning!!! Awesome.

Sam, thanks for everything you do on here.

Right now I'm at 5 sweeps past firm on the fronts, and little past half turn from firm on the rear. The car doesn't buck on the bumps, stays flat through a bump. Awesome.

Anyone considering Koni's for christmas, put away the duckets!
Old 11-13-2007, 07:59 PM
TECH Addict

again i hear nothin but good about these shocks...they are def on my wish list
Old 11-13-2007, 09:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 11-13-2007, 10:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yep, can't wait to get my Koni's/Strano springs on my car
Old 11-14-2007, 07:43 AM
TECH Junkie

OP....were these on stock springs??
Old 11-14-2007, 12:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by 6Gearss
AAAAAHHHHH,

I just finished setting all four while driving home from the Academy! Damn, what a difference it has made. The 98 feels better than it did in 98 when I bought it as a Drill Sergeant at Benning!!! Awesome.

Sam, thanks for everything you do on here.

Right now I'm at 5 sweeps past firm on the fronts, and little past half turn from firm on the rear. The car doesn't buck on the bumps, stays flat through a bump. Awesome.

Anyone considering Koni's for christmas, put away the duckets!
Excellent! Very pleased to hear you are happy with them (and me)! I appreciate the thank you, it's nice of you to say.

So I guess we can add you to the list of the "I've seen the light" about what shocks can do? I still find it pretty amazing myself how much they transform the way the car drives.....

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-14-2007, 12:31 PM
TECH Addict

I ordered my Strano springs, 4/3 Konis, and UMI adj. LCAs off Sam last night. Can't wait to get everything on the car.

I will post results too

Andy
Old 11-14-2007, 12:36 PM
TECH Resident

They really do turn the car around in terms of handling. I was riding shotgun in my car the other night (doesn't happen often) and I'm like "Dam this thing rides WAY better/tighter than my friend/s SS..."
Old 11-14-2007, 12:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome to the Koni side. Best shcoks money can buy. I have been happy with mine. I would not go any other way when lowering an F Body.
Old 11-14-2007, 01:58 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by White.Lightning
I ordered my Strano springs, 4/3 Konis, and UMI adj. LCAs off Sam last night. Can't wait to get everything on the car.

I will post results too

Andy
My only regret with getting the KONI's from Sam is that I didn't do it years ago when I put on BMR springs. I lived with a shitty ride for 5.5 years and 55k miles.

We can get your car done in an afternoon Andy, I have the springs compressors.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
My only regret with getting the KONI's from Sam is that I didn't do it years ago when I put on BMR springs. I lived with a shitty ride for 5.5 years and 55k miles.

We can get your car done in an afternoon Andy, I have the springs compressors.
Sunday pending delivery?

Andy
Old 11-14-2007, 02:11 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I'll do my best to get them there, but it'll be tight to do it by Friday and honestly don't know that we can, but we'll try!

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 11-14-2007, 10:07 PM
12 Second Club

I have to agree.... I just installed my Strano Springs and Konis last week. Fired it up last weekend and went for a drive.... my car is pleasant to drive again! Going from stock Decrapons and Eibach Sportlines to Konis and Stranos is well.... as night and day as it gets!

THANKS SAM!
Old 11-15-2007, 01:05 AM
On The Tree

I'm still adjusting them. But overall, what a damn ride! Damn.

I never really had a rattle box, but now all of the jarring that I used to have on crap shocks, gone. Amazing.

The question about springs. I'm on Hotchkis springs.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:16 AM
On The Tree

Pretty straight forward install. Fronts take longer than the rear. It took me 30 minutes to the rear, total.
Attached Thumbnails Koni Install and settings, SUCCESS, whole new ride!!!-100_3201.jpg  
Old 11-15-2007, 01:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey Sam, I felt like I should add this here as starting a new thread is a waste for this question I think...

Anyways, I have a stereo, that is around 100 pounds or so, that has the enclosure in the back of the trunk. It really differs the handling making steering feel stiffer and rear end bouncier. When I get those Koni's from you, will the adjustability of the rear shocks allow a good control when I have the stereo in there versus when I take it out (for more spirited driving)?

Thanks.

Glad to hear 6gearss, these shocks seem like the best way to go.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:53 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by CranMaro99
Hey Sam, I felt like I should add this here as starting a new thread is a waste for this question I think...

Anyways, I have a stereo, that is around 100 pounds or so, that has the enclosure in the back of the trunk. It really differs the handling making steering feel stiffer and rear end bouncier. When I get those Koni's from you, will the adjustability of the rear shocks allow a good control when I have the stereo in there versus when I take it out (for more spirited driving)?
Because you have extra weight, you need more damping control to deal with it. Because you take it in and out (or so it seems), you'd definitely want 4/4's so you can adjust the rear shocks fast and easy, and with a lot more flexibility in where you can set them. 4/3's are adjustable, but the rears have to come off the car, and you have 4 settings to choose from. They work very well, but they are less expensive because they are not as easy to deal with or a flexible in their adjustment range.

Old 11-15-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Because you have extra weight, you need more damping control to deal with it. Because you take it in and out (or so it seems), you'd definitely want 4/4's so you can adjust the rear shocks fast and easy, and with a lot more flexibility in where you can set them. 4/3's are adjustable, but the rears have to come off the car, and you have 4 settings to choose from. They work very well, but they are less expensive because they are not as easy to deal with or a flexible in their adjustment range.
Sounds good Sam. I am for sure getting the 4/4 package. I just wanted to make sure, even with the adjustability, that the adjustables could perform well even with the added weight. For daily driving, I usually have there stereo in the car, but on spirited drives or whenever I might go to AutoX next summer, it gets pulled out, as it takes a mere 30 seconds to do.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I want some sooooo bad, my car rides like a wagon.

Quick Reply: Koni Install and settings, SUCCESS, whole new ride!!!