Old 11-18-2007, 10:21 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 for what JD said
Old 11-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
A word of advice, do some serious research before you buy. Search through the suspension section and read read read. And a quick FYI, unless you don't care about ride quality, feel, and replacing shocks often, you will need a good shock package that can damper the lowering spring you get. The stock ones on our cars struggle to damper the stock springs. You know that floaty feeling at higher speeds you get? Thats from the stock shocks. And you're not going to be able to buy shocks over the counter that are able to damper any lowering springs for our cars, so don't waste your money there.
yea i know ur absoulutly correct!! i also found out that i must readjust my panhard rod as well and as for shocks, i was thinking of some good kyb shocks, because i dont want to waste to much money for appearence as i can enhance my performance with the same costs, but the previous owner b4 me gave me a extra set of brand new factory shocks, but i hear the factory ones suck lik u said as well,
Old 11-18-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ae13291
yea i know ur absoulutly correct!! i also found out that i must readjust my panhard rod as well and as for shocks, i was thinking of some good kyb shocks, because i dont want to waste to much money for appearence as i can enhance my performance with the same costs, but the previous owner b4 me gave me a extra set of brand new factory shocks, but i hear the factory ones suck lik u said as well,
KYB are some of the cheap over the counter shocks I was talking about. On this board Ive seen the shock tube literally snap on a couple different occasions:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...yb#post7248592

Look into either Koni SAs or Strano revalved Bilstiens at stranoparts.com.
Old 11-19-2007, 12:43 AM
Banned

humm i thought kyb was one of the real good brands, well enyways for shocks, i guess this whole lowering thing is gonna cost wayy more then i thought, what do u think of the factory optioned bilsteins? do u think there junk or jus not good enough, well im gonna look into shocks and if i can find a god deal on em i will buy the shocks b4 i buy the springs or jus together but thanks alot 4 the info i really appreciate ur help
Old 11-20-2007, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

humm i thought kyb was one of the real good brands, well enyways for shocks, i guess this whole lowering thing is gonna cost wayy more then i thought, what do u think of the factory optioned bilsteins? do u think there junk or jus not good enough, well im gonna look into shocks and if i can find a god deal on em i will buy the shocks b4 i buy the springs or jus together but thanks alot 4 the info i really appreciate ur help
Don't give up looking for springs/struts...there are sometimes some slightly used combos on the "Classifieds" forum.
The stock DeCarbons are crap...period. Have you looked at BMR springs? Check out Strano's website, or contact him. He could probably point you in the right direction.
Insofar as my 2-inch drop, I have Hooker LTs and will rarely scrape them. Then again, my Z28 isn't a daily-driver and I am pretty careful...
Old 11-20-2007, 12:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

For whatever reason KYB didnt do a good job building shocks for our cars. They are meant to damper only the stock springs.
And the Bilstien HDs are also meant to damper only the stock springs, so they wont give you what you need for lowering springs.
Like said above, give Sam a call he can fill you in on anything you need to know about suspension.
Old 11-20-2007, 05:35 PM
Banned

wow intresting info i will let sam know and i really appreciate all ur help JD and everybody else who responded to my post
Old 11-24-2007, 08:40 AM
10 Second Club

LG Springs and Bilstiens here. They have been on my car for 4 years. It's probably time to get new shocks this spring.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Banned

thats good to know im still lookin for a good buy on springs
Old 11-25-2007, 11:45 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use the Koni SA's and the LG SS. The rear is a little too stiff. But overall a bad *** combo. To the question about the LGM vs Eibach: I answer LGM. A better option could be the Strano springs. You can't go wrong there.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

if you want that much a drop and you still want to handle good, the LG springs. however, the rates on the LGs are high and progressive, dont expect good 1/4 mile times

also, you may want to match em to some Koni shocks or re-valved bilsteins from sam
Old 11-26-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

the LG springs are far superior a spring to Eibachs

Quick Reply: LGM springs or Eibach sportline lowering springs