Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

LGM springs or Eibach sportline lowering springs

Old 11-18-2007, 02:14 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LGM springs or Eibach sportline lowering springs

not sure which one to buy, can somebody show me pics of them installed on there cars. thanks
Old 11-18-2007, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure on the sportlines. I have heard some bad things about them in the past, mostly due to sagging...

I do really like the Eibach drag springs though...
Old 11-18-2007, 02:38 PM
On The Tree

Had the sportlines, they rode like crap. Looked good, but I got tired of getting my spine jarred every time there was a bump in the road. I have a set cheap if you want them, < 200 miles on them,but to be honest I was not happy with them at all.
Old 11-18-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Here's a pic of my Z28 with the Sportlines and Strano-tuned Bilsteins:
[IMG][/IMG]
I've had no problems after a performance alignment and the car handles great!
Old 11-18-2007, 02:53 PM
Banned

the ride hight loooks great but i guess if they are a problem, i would consider something different, but how about the ones from LG motorsports i think those are probly good but not sure (dammm i want 10 spokes sooo bad)
Old 11-18-2007, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by ae13291
the ride hight loooks great but i guess if they are a problem, i would consider something different, but how about the ones from LG motorsports i think those are probly good but not sure (dammm i want 10 spokes sooo bad)
What problem? I've had zero problems with the Eibachs...
Old 11-18-2007, 03:01 PM
On The Tree

Not sure about those LG's. The Strano springs ride the best to me (just got a change to drive a firehawk with them), but they are only about a one inch drop I think. BMR's are the same, but the ride quality is less than the Stranos. The Eibach prokit it also less drop than the sportlines, but the ride quality isn't that much better. I've ridden in and driven cars with all of them, and if I change mine again it will be the Stranos. Also the spring rate is better.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

I think he is referring to the ride quality...........
Old 11-18-2007, 03:14 PM
Banned

well i am considering ride hight mostly, i do not want them to be too low, i already pretty much scrape the air damm sometimes on my drive way but then again i dont want it to be too high so i was considering the 1.5 or 1.7 drop, as for the ride quality i dont mide havin a bit of a stiffer feel then stock, i dought i can get the same ride quality with after market springs, but i dont want to feel every crack in the road, but i am still not sure on what i want, i lik how the sportline looks on benjamins car, and he also says there good tooo but few people say u will have a crappy ride, but i hav heard nothing about the LG's
Old 11-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by snake hunter
Had the sportlines, they rode like crap. Looked good, but I got tired of getting my spine jarred every time there was a bump in the road. I have a set cheap if you want them, < 200 miles on them,but to be honest I was not happy with them at all.
o are those the ones u hav listed on ebay?
Old 11-18-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well the Eibach Sportlines will be almost a 2-inch drop. You have to have the struts set-up correctly and the alignment right, or I could see where there would be problems. If your Z28 is a daily driver, I would look at the Prokit as they are a 1 1/4-1 1/2 inch drop.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:21 PM
On The Tree

no i don't have them listed on ebay.....unless my wife put them on there!!!!!!! I think the Sportlines look great, as far as problems you will not have any other than if you want to put long tubes on it. It just rides rough
Old 11-18-2007, 03:25 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Benjamin Russick
Well the Eibach Sportlines will be almost a 2-inch drop. You have to have the struts set-up correctly and the alignment right, or I could see where there would be problems. If your Z28 is a daily driver, I would look at the Prokit as they are a 1 1/4-1 1/2 inch drop.
humm well thanks for the input wow so i do i hav to set up the struts? i know the springs have to be compressed for installation but dident know u had to tak an extra step!
Old 11-18-2007, 03:28 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by snake hunter
no i don't have them listed on ebay.....unless my wife put them on there!!!!!!! I think the Sportlines look great, as far as problems you will not have any other than if you want to put long tubes on it. It just rides rough

hahahha, well crap i am considering the longtubes in a week or so, i guess the 2 inch drop out of the sportlines are out of my options, but thanks for the offer i hope u sell ur springs soon
Old 11-18-2007, 03:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Benjamin Russick

2 inch drop is a bit tooo much, damm.... so i have to mov on to another spring since thats too low and will ruin my plains for longtubes, thanks 4 the info tho
Old 11-18-2007, 04:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hahahha, well crap i am considering the longtubes in a week or so, i guess the 2 inch drop out of the sportlines are out of my options, but thanks for the offer i hope u sell ur springs soon
Please don't go SLP headers. They hang to low already even for a prokit lowering job...
Old 11-18-2007, 04:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

not sure which one to buy, can somebody show me pics of them installed on there cars. thanks
Why do you want springs? Better handling? Looks?

Search the suspension forum, there are plenty of threads there.
Old 11-18-2007, 08:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by The Black Mamba
Please don't go SLP headers. They hang to low already even for a prokit lowering job...
naw im goin for the pacesetters there perfect and cheap tooo, i remember driving a camaro with the slp LT,s awful
Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Why do you want springs? Better handling? Looks?

Search the suspension forum, there are plenty of threads there.

well mostly since my car looks lik a truck to me and since my car alredy has a few suspension mods so it will combine
Old 11-18-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

well mostly since my car looks lik a truck to me and since my car alredy has a few suspension mods so it will combine
A word of advice, do some serious research before you buy. Search through the suspension section and read read read. And a quick FYI, unless you don't care about ride quality, feel, and replacing shocks often, you will need a good shock package that can damper the lowering spring you get. The stock ones on our cars struggle to damper the stock springs. You know that floaty feeling at higher speeds you get? Thats from the stock shocks. And you're not going to be able to buy shocks over the counter that are able to damper any lowering springs for our cars, so don't waste your money there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LGM springs or Eibach sportline lowering springs