Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI F-Body Tunnel Brace Mounted Torque Arm

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2007, 06:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMI F-Body Tunnel Brace Mounted Torque Arm

Does anybody have a lowered T/A with the UMI 1993 - 2002 GM F-Body Tunnel Brace Mounted Torque Arm w/ Upper Driveshaft safety loop for long tube header set-up? I was wondering if there was any issues with the torque arm or anything else being too low because it is on a lowered car?

On the other hand I was thinking of putting spohn crossmember mounted adj. torque arm for long tubes and was wondering if anybody has had any clearance problems with them?

Last edited by mavedawg04; 12-04-2007 at 06:10 PM. Reason: I don't know which one to buy.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:03 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Both our unit and the Spohn unit will reduce ground clearance on a lowered car and if I remember correctly ours will tuck up slightly higher. If the car isn't slammed to the ground you will be ok.. it will be the lowest point of the car but shouldn't be a issue. I wouldn't recommend it for a kit like the Eibach Sportlines or similar height.

If I can help anymore please ask. Thank you!
Ryan
Old 12-04-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I bought the Spohn tunnel mounted arm for long tubes several years ago, When I lowered last year tt was too low and scrapped a lot. I bought the straight cross brace (supposedly for cars without long tubes) with the DS safety loop and just swapped it with the other one. Plenty of clearance and regained my ground clearance. You'll just have to make sure your exhaust is located properly. I'm running a 3 inch Y-pipe into a 3 inch I-pipe. It all fits fine.
Old 12-05-2007, 07:50 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by CW00BlackTA
I bought the Spohn tunnel mounted arm for long tubes several years ago, When I lowered last year tt was too low and scrapped a lot. I bought the straight cross brace (supposedly for cars without long tubes) with the DS safety loop and just swapped it with the other one. Plenty of clearance and regained my ground clearance. You'll just have to make sure your exhaust is located properly. I'm running a 3 inch Y-pipe into a 3 inch I-pipe. It all fits fine.
Depending on which y-pipe you have you can go with the straight cross member- www.umiperformance.com/2201 This item will not reduce ground clearance.

Thank you!
Ryan

Last edited by UMI Performance; 12-05-2007 at 07:17 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

I have the Spohn t/a and it sits alot lower than my buddys with his UMI one. I'll probably see if I can fit a straight brace if not I will be swapping to a UMI one since it tucks up alot more.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Addict

How much for just the T/A crossbrace?
Old 12-05-2007, 06:51 PM
10 Second Club

Ryan,

Your link doesn't work for me, but I want to buy one of your heavy duty tunnel braces with the DS loop. My torque mounts to my trans, so I don't need that option. And I can't get to them on your website by searching. Can you help me? Thanks!

Mark
Old 12-05-2007, 07:18 PM
FormerVendor

Mark, Sorry about that. Try the link below, the last (4) are what you would be looking for. If you have any questions please ask. Thanks!

http://www.umiperformance.com/produc...ategory_id=130
Old 12-06-2007, 11:28 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 134 Likes on 87 Posts

Mark,

I'm going to talk to Ryan about this when he gets back from PRI. I think what Mark is after is just a DSL. Basically just the brace and loop from a TA setup, but he has a TA already.

Ryan,

Marlena has the message about this, call me!

18 SCCA National Championships in house, many more for our customers prove we know our stuff.Talk is cheap, results matter.

Check out our KONI prices, our Master Cylinder Brace, and new Xtracker Hub/wheel bearing upgrade kits!
Old 12-07-2007, 12:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i sold my Spohn torque arm because it hung way too low. it was the long tube header version and dipped down. i have a UMI one now and it tucks up nicely.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:26 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sam Strano
Mark,

I'm going to talk to Ryan about this when he gets back from PRI. I think what Mark is after is just a DSL. Basically just the brace and loop from a TA setup, but he has a TA already.

Ryan,

Marlena has the message about this, call me!
You are correct Sam. I already have an adj TA that mounts to the tranny. The short TAs hit too hard launching for my (mostly) street car. So all I want is a stronger tunnel brace with the DSL (for long tubes). The last one in that link would be fine minus the poly bushing mount for a TA.....thanks!!!

Mark

Quick Reply: UMI F-Body Tunnel Brace Mounted Torque Arm