Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Front brake upgrade, Mustang II

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 07:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front brake upgrade, Mustang II

I bought a Heidts universal mustang II front suspension when I built my car, and it has been working great for the most part.

First the time has come to upgrade the brakes. Currently it has the peanut factory rotors and factory calipers. and while they work ok, on a hot day after driving for some time they fade.

So I am thinking of upgrading to
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
or
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku
the only difference I see is that one is 11" rotors and the other is 10.75"

So, will either is these kits fit my suspension?, They say they fit original mustang II, but I have aftermarket mustang II, is there a differnce?

And Secondly, the front springs.

When I bought they kit, I'll admit I was not as knowledable as I am know and never really asked for details. They asked me what type of spring I wanted in the front, and gave me a choice of soft medium or hard. I figured it is going in a light small car so I said "medium"

Problem is, these springs and way to soft, well maybe not soft but than too short, it feels like someone cut a couple coils out of them when compressed. I am using spring spacers now to try and compinsate ( I know thats wrong, but thats why I am trying to fix it)

So does anyone have suggestions on some new springs?
for pics fallow link in sig
Old 12-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You might have more luck posting this in the conversion section of this forum...the parts you are talking about are very specific, and the average person that posts in here will have no clue (like me).

Quick Reply: Front brake upgrade, Mustang II