Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

cheap way to kill my wheel hop..

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 01:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldn't even recomend driving around on the street like that. No front sway bar = oversteer and relocation brackets, especially at stock height = rollsteer. Oversteer + rollsteer = accident if not driven with caution. Then again if your just putting around town you'll be fine, but who here honestly doesnt push their cars to the limit once in a while? With the above mods, the car can become very unpredictable very fast when driven close to its limit.

To the original poster: Relocation brackets should cure your wheelhop. Install them on the hole nearest to the stock location first to see if that cures you problem. Only install the LCAs on the lowest hole if you need to. You want to maintain a near stock suspension geometry to compromise between straitline traction and handling predictability.
Old 12-24-2007, 02:58 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hpjunky98
With the above mods, the car can become very unpredictable very fast when driven close to its limit.
Close to its limits is nowhere near legal on the street. Like I said, if it were on a racetrack it would oversteer horribly. It drives fine on the street.
Old 12-24-2007, 08:31 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by hpjunky98
I wouldn't even recomend driving around on the street like that. No front sway bar = oversteer and relocation brackets, especially at stock height = rollsteer. Oversteer + rollsteer = accident if not driven with caution. Then again if your just putting around town you'll be fine, but who here honestly doesnt push their cars to the limit once in a while? With the above mods, the car can become very unpredictable very fast when driven close to its limit.

if your anywhere close to the limit of a car on the street your not the smartest...

I drive daily without a front swaybar...sure it rolls SLIGHTLY more once you get use to it its fine.

and on ramps are taken above indicted speed without a problem...

everyone says no swaybar = death...its really over exaggerated on this website or you people just drive like nuts...

Chad
Old 12-24-2007, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nimitz87
if your anywhere close to the limit of a car on the street your not the smartest...

I drive daily without a front swaybar...sure it rolls SLIGHTLY more once you get use to it its fine.

and on ramps are taken above indicted speed without a problem...

everyone says no swaybar = death...its really over exaggerated on this website or you people just drive like nuts...

Chad
wow. I try to help the guy out, and in my post i even say that most people would be fine if they just drive their cars around town. When it really comes down to it, wouldn't you like your car to perform its best in all situations? especially in an emergency...
You can remove all the parts from your car you want, fact is theyre there for a reason. I just hope for your sake you don't have to suddenly avoid someone on the freeway while your car is in the condition its in. Ive driven without the front swaybar and in 99% of the situations on the road, your right, you can manage; but don't think your car will behave the way you want it to when you need it the most.

Mabie Im just not the biggest risk taker, but the front swaybar is easy enough to remove for the track, and quite honestly if you run without it ON THE STREET just to get slightly better straitline traction, your the one who is "not the smartest..." , not me. Besides, there is no reason to run the car without the swaybar in a daily driver unless your racing on the street daily so your obviously not obeying traffic laws either.

no swaybar on the street does not = death, IMO it just means your car is less capable of making sudden manuvers. If thats ok with you, then by all means remove the thing.

Quick Reply: cheap way to kill my wheel hop..