Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

How fast can you go on factory suspension

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2008, 08:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by THEBRAD
the front probably was lifting thats the only problem i felt before i lowered my car, that and a vibration from a bad alignment but the ss and ws6s have a little stiffer susp than the rest so there a little better at high speeds. i took about a 10 degree swooping turn at about 145 and the car felt stable al the way through. lowering it really helped the lift
Tell me how a bad alignment can cause a bad vibration. I've been doing alignments for over 5yrs and not once have I seen an alignment cause a bad vibration. We've had many a customer complain about a bad vibe and they thought an alignment would fix it. When a vehicle has a bad vibe, it's either in the tires/wheels or a suspension part is failing or has already failed. Please tell me how all my instructers from Firestone training, GM Training, and Auto Tech training have taught me wrong.
Old 01-14-2008, 06:05 PM
12 Second Club

beacause it was so incredibly low that it made my ball joint go bad beacuse when i took it somewhere to have it aligned after i lowered it they said it couldnt be done because it was to low, some bs like that. ur going to listen to firestone after all those tires they had to recall? lol jk
Old 01-14-2008, 07:54 PM
Launching!

with the lowered trans ams, they tend to have a problem getting them on the rack to align them, cuz the front end sticks out a little, and their afraid itll scrape goin on, and gettin it off might cause damage(pull the air dam or some dumb ****) they gotta play it safe though you know. someone will go and complain and try and rip em off for it