Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

drag setup not fun on street anymore !!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 09:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default drag setup not fun on street anymore !!!!

this is my setup...

LCA
subframes
tubular torque arm
wolfe racing sway bar
bilsteins revalved
stock springs

9" rear 4 11's detroit locker

ive got true duals with moroso spirals dumped ( want to get them put out the back) a lil too loud

but the point of the post is, what would, and who would you recommend to change my setup to more of a corner carver street machine without hurting the car's ability to hook up. I know it wont be as straight as what i have....but man i just want to be able to drive more than 30 minutes without wanting to put my car into a wall.
Old 01-11-2008, 09:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd start with the sway bar.
Old 01-11-2008, 10:30 PM
TECH Addict

You might want to try the dual function T/A. Acts like a short arm on accel. and a long arm on heavy braking to ward off rear wheel hop. You can find info on the T/A over at www.frrax.com

Also adj. coilovers all around. It can be adj. to do both handle and hook-up. Ride height and shock adjustability being the main factors.

I agree with CW00BlackTA on the sway bar swap too. I'd also add adj. Poly/rod end type LCA into the mix for a lil more articulation of the rear.

**At the very least i'd say the rear swaybar and Koni single adjustable shocks.**
Old 01-12-2008, 11:31 AM
On The Tree

good info.....thanks
Old 01-13-2008, 08:49 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe ditch the locker and get a posi.
Old 01-13-2008, 11:30 PM
TECH Junkie

The locker probably makes it hard to control high performance turns. I know some people have used them and tried them. I know one guy who liked it for a little bit but went back to a limited slip.

What kind of power are you putting down? What kind of tires do you use? If your not on hardcore power and tires, I don't think a lot of the hardcore drag mods have as much effect. For example that wolfe swaybar I think is designed to prevent any body roll at all, correct? If you aren't twisting the car during your launches, then the bar wouldn't have as much benefit than if you were twisting That bar will definitely hurt your in turns.
Old 01-14-2008, 10:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by z28bryan
The locker probably makes it hard to control high performance turns. I know some people have used them and tried them. I know one guy who liked it for a little bit but went back to a limited slip.

What kind of power are you putting down? What kind of tires do you use? If your not on hardcore power and tires, I don't think a lot of the hardcore drag mods have as much effect. For example that wolfe swaybar I think is designed to prevent any body roll at all, correct? If you aren't twisting the car during your launches, then the bar wouldn't have as much benefit than if you were twisting That bar will definitely hurt your in turns.
im guestimating power @ 450hp .. 315 Nitto Drag radials...

probably will change the wolfe sway bar.. How hard would this be? anyone familiar with how it should be set up.
Old 01-15-2008, 12:39 AM
TECH Apprentice

IMO the problem is the 9" rear end. Those things weigh a lot, especially if you don't have the aluminum center section. I agree with djsanches, get some koni's, at the very least for the rear.