Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Moser 9" coming... which torque arm?

Old 01-16-2008, 01:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moser 9" coming... which torque arm?

I've heard a few rumors that certain torque arms may be better suited for the 9" than others. I am also worried about ground clearance since i live near chicago and rougher roads and speed bumps are not uncommon. What torque arm should I get that would best fit my needs?
Old 01-16-2008, 01:47 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,

Any one of our torque arms with the exception to our non-adjustable unit will fit and work well with the Moser 9" rear end. I pasted a link below-

http://www.umiperformance.com/produc...ategory_id=130

If you need any help choosing please contact us.

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 01-16-2008, 07:50 PM
On The Tree

ordered from UMI. Thank you.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just a heads up. . . .I put a 9" and UMI's adj. torque arm and torque arm relocation bracket in and then the car sat for about 7 months. It would ride fine, but then once you got to ~53 the car would shake like crazy. The rear was fine as it checked out fine with several shops including moser who tore it apart. I had the torque arm adjusted to a million different pinion angles and it continued to shake like crazy. I called UMI and while they were nice about everything they had no answer for me. I put the stock torque arm back in and the shake was entirely gone. I called UMI again to get some suggestions about how to put it in to make it not shake and they still had no answer for me. The last I heard was that I could send the torque arm in for them to look at it. I was told that they would pay for shipping if they found a problem with the torque arm, but that they were sure they wouldnt. . . .lotsa help and really makes me want to spend more money with them

-Noah
Old 01-17-2008, 07:42 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hawk108
Just a heads up. . . .I put a 9" and UMI's adj. torque arm and torque arm relocation bracket in and then the car sat for about 7 months. It would ride fine, but then once you got to ~53 the car would shake like crazy. The rear was fine as it checked out fine with several shops including moser who tore it apart. I had the torque arm adjusted to a million different pinion angles and it continued to shake like crazy. I called UMI and while they were nice about everything they had no answer for me. I put the stock torque arm back in and the shake was entirely gone. I called UMI again to get some suggestions about how to put it in to make it not shake and they still had no answer for me. The last I heard was that I could send the torque arm in for them to look at it. I was told that they would pay for shipping if they found a problem with the torque arm, but that they were sure they wouldnt. . . .lotsa help and really makes me want to spend more money with them

-Noah

If you are stil unsure if you have the pinion angle adjusted correctly we have a video explaining the process on the front page of our website www.bmrfabrication.com

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 01-17-2008, 08:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
If you are stil unsure if you have the pinion angle adjusted correctly we have a video explaining the process on the front page of our website www.bmrfabrication.com

Thanks Lee. . ..I will check it out. It sure would be nice to have a $500 worth of parts that dont just sit in the garage
Old 01-17-2008, 09:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi Noah,

We did everything we could via phone to help you try to sort the issues out. We have and still have never had a issue with the Moser 9" rear end. We suggested sending it in for us to look at, all we warned you was if it checked out ok there wasn't really to much we could do and it would lead back to your set-up. For pinion angle the Moser 9" is very sensitive to negative angle due to the yoke and we usually do not run them at a negative degree... it does however take some playing around to get the correct setting since every vehicle is different.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

im going to be running a moser 9" too but i think im going with a bmr adjustabl torque arm
Old 01-23-2008, 02:04 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,088 Likes on 716 Posts

This thread is done. If Hawk108 wants to send stuff back and figure something out it was offered a long time ago, and if he has the funds while in school to buy parts he has the money to pay for half of the cost of shipping a torque arm, what are we talking about $25 maybe? Time to give it a rest.

Oh and I run UMI stuff on my Camaro and it does 1.38 on spray and 1.48 on motor. Very happy.

ADMIN

Search this Thread