Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need advice before purchase

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:58 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need advice before purchase

I am getting ready to put my 315s on and I am looking to buy a panhard bar and lca's. This is what I am looking to purchase, http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...oducts_id=1635
UMI double adjustable panhard bar and lca's in mild steel. Would this package make a lot of road noise and worsen ride quality? I am just looking for a good package that will make my 315s fit better, and perhaps improve a little ride quality, while not hurting my 60' times. Any opinions, suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance

Pete

P.S. (I have searched this topic for a while and just looking for a more precise suggestion).
Old 01-24-2008, 10:09 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Replacing the stock pieces with aftermarket, will improve handling and definitely helped your short time.
The adj. panhard bar will be usefull in centering the rearend.
As long as offset on the wheels are correct, those big 315/35's will fit with no problems. Are they 17x11?
As far as ride quality, give and take. Factory parts were made ofcourse for comfort in mind.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

17x11 zr1s, I just heard that aftermarket lca's make a lot of noise due to non rubberized bushings?
Old 01-24-2008, 11:46 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

theres no doubt a aftermarket lca will transmit more noise than stock... but its designed for performance. you have to be accepting of this when doing mods to any car. its not like they make noise that you can't hear your radio over, also. i use Aurora brand teflon lined heims in my components. the liner lubricates and isolates the metal. this absorbes 90% of the noise transmitted through this type of lca.

i have chromemoly powdercoated lca's and panhard kit w/ heims and aluminum spacers for 299.00 free shipping.

Quick Reply: Need advice before purchase