Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

My rear-end sits to the right a little. Panhard rod?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My rear-end sits to the right a little. Panhard rod?

My car is sitting on Eibach sportlines right now, that will soon be replaced, but when I look at my rear tires, the right tire sticks out more from the rear bumper than my left tire does. It has what looks like a non-adjustable Panhard rod on it (previous owner installed it). Is this, typically, going to be my problem? And I plan to change springs and raise the ride height up a little, what would be a good adjustable Panhard Rod to go with, and how easily do they adjust for spring adjustments?
Old 01-25-2008, 09:44 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I would suggest one. This will allow you to center the rear. We have ours at 5% off through the end of the month. It is rod ended on both ends. Rod ends on the PHB do not transmit much if any noise and will positively locate the rear side to side. Adjustment is simply screwing the rod ends in or out.

Let me know if we can help.
Old 01-25-2008, 10:02 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

LS1Tech 20 Year Member

We offer several different panhard rods for your application. Let me know if we can be of assistance to you. Available in Black Hammertone or red powdercoat.

PHR001 Standard non-adjustable $99.95
MPHR001 Chrome moly non-adjustable $134.95
PHR002 Standard adjustable w/polyurethane ends $129.95
MPHR002 Chrome moly adjustable w/polyurethane ends $164.95
MPHR003 Chrome moly adjustable w/QA1 rod-ends $185.95

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 01-25-2008, 10:39 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 143 Likes on 93 Posts

Like everyone else, we sell them too.... You do need one to re-align your axle. There are a number of types, but the most popular for street only cars is the easiest to adjust and that's a the "on the car" adjustable unit which is (for now) $139.00. http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...D=67&ModelID=7

Take your pick, PHB's aren't rocket science, but details do exist. It's easy to make a straight tube with either bushings or rod-ends. But not everyone has on the car adjustables (not that off the car is that hard, but it does take more fiddling). The rod-end adapters are not always the same design or quality either. Pick what you are comfortable with, you need one regardless of who you get it from.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion