Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

BMR or Strano springs?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 09:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default BMR or Strano springs?

I have been searching for new springs to replace my Sportlines for awhile. I think I've about narrowed it down to BMR or Strano springs. about a $50 difference also. I love the corners, and rarely see the track, so cornering is important to me. And eventually I will get some Koni shocks, but I am in college, and I am going to get some cheap Autozone shocks to replace my 115k mile shocks while I save for Koni's..

Anyone have experience/input on both BMR and Strano Springs?

Also, I really want some pacesetter LT's, but its between new springs or longtubes, I could put some longtubes on my sportlines and hope they don't scrape and get springs later. Or should I get springs now and LT's later?
Old 01-25-2008, 10:23 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

Progressive springs are great marketing. ALL spring are in actuality progressive because it takes more and more weight to compress them as you do. Try it sometime, even with a spring out of your Bic Clic pen.

My springs cost more because they are made in small runs to my specifics. Imported from Germany because of the combination of material and quality control. I could have relabeled some other spring (and that happens), but I hate crap like that. I could have gotten them cheaper elsewhere, but wasn't going to sacrifice some basic wants from springs with my name on them.

My springs are also derived directly from my own car. The rates, the heights come form a proven handler that win championships.

The BMR's are far from terrible springs (there are worse), but I felt like I could do better, that's my opinion and some might disagree. I'd weigh the pro's and con's here. Mine do cost more. But are also much lighter, don't change rate like progressively wound springs and I put my name on 'em (designed them, not re-branded them).
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion
Old 01-25-2008, 10:30 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 142 Likes on 92 Posts

I wanted to add for the sake of being upfront. I'm out, and will be for about the next 4 weeks. More are on the way. They can be backordered, and all backorders will be filled first when they come off the truck.

Because we don't relabel, and because I don't have millions of dollars for inventory, I do sometimes run out of stock. I do my best to stay ahead of the curve.
13 SCCA Pro Solo Nationals Championships
2023 UMI King of the Mountain Champion

Quick Reply: BMR or Strano springs?