Other...specify
7.59%
Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

which company to get suspension from...

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default which company to get suspension from...

hey guys im in the process of starting to save for a full suspension and was referred to get ALL BMRs products....did a little searching and BMR seems to be really really good but i just want to get some other names out there to figure out what you guys think is the best stuff.....

first is BMR
second is spohn which i hear is great products but need some more input
third is a company called UMI, i love how they have complete packages for front and rear but would need some advice from the suspension guys here to see if it is really good or just crap http://www.umiperformance.com/93-02fbody

let me know what you guys think

i really wanted to go with one company but any input would be appreciated thanks guys
Old 02-11-2008, 07:58 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UMI is top dog around here with BMR in a close 2nd
Old 02-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Launching!

i was looking over some bmr vs. posts and i see a lot of people like the BMR products because it is simply a replacement for the stock parts...unbolt and bolt in...is UMI just as good as far as fitment and wont have to do any fabrication or adjusting?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

UMI products are top notch
Really you cant go wrong with any of the companies for the most part...

Now when u say full suspension, what do you plan on changing?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:25 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I prefer Spohn, BMR, Umi. In that order.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:28 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by ls1ssws6
hey guys im in the process of starting to save for a full suspension and was referred to get ALL BMRs products....did a little searching and BMR seems to be really really good but i just want to get some other names out there to figure out what you guys think is the best stuff.....

first is BMR
third is a company called UMI, i love how they have complete packages for front and rear but would need some advice from the suspension guys here to see if it is really good or just crap http://www.umiperformance.com/93-02fbody

i really wanted to go with one company but any input would be appreciated thanks guys
We offer many complete packages for your car here is a link for you to check out.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/4F-PACKAGES.htm...

Something to think about when choosing a suspension company is we control the entire fabrication process from raw material to powdercoating which might surprise you that many suspension companies do not. From our 10+ years of experience in the suspension industry we feel this is the BEST way to ensure in the end a quality product.

If you have any questions regarding our product line pleae feel free to ask

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 02-11-2008, 08:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Bow94z
UMI products are top notch
Really you cant go wrong with any of the companies for the most part...

Now when u say full suspension, what do you plan on changing?
well pretty much everything,....i was told to basically get every single suspension part that BMR sells for the build up of my car...i want to do suspension/tranny/rear and i dont want to cut corners, i basically want to get rid of all the stock suspension since im pretty sure the UMI spohns and BMR stuff is all better than the stock.....

you have a pm too

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
We offer many complete packages for your car here is a link for you to check out.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/4F-PACKAGES.htm...

Something to think about when choosing a suspension company is we control the entire fabrication process from raw material to powdercoating which might surprise you that many suspension companies do not. From our 10+ years of experience in the suspension industry we feel this is the BEST way to ensure in the end a quality product.

If you have any questions regarding our product line pleae feel free to ask
wow thats pretty cool to know....i think im torn between BMR and UMI...these cars are too much confussin
Old 02-11-2008, 08:41 PM
Launching!

also i want to lower the car because i will be getting a set of 18'' wheels, is there something specific as far as shocks/springs i should get for lowering?
Old 02-11-2008, 08:43 PM
11 Second Club

So far, I have all UMI suspension under mine in the back and no complaints so far. Saving for all the front now. I'm not saying anything bad about the other's cause I have heard nothing but good things about them also. I just chose to go with UMI.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:48 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

UMI for me!
Old 02-11-2008, 08:49 PM
10 Second Club

Give Louis at LG a call. He runs everything he sells. All track tested.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have UMI but you can't go wrong with them or BMR. Both sell top notch suspension parts.

I would go with whichever you can get the best deal on.
Old 02-11-2008, 09:15 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks for considering us! As you can see from the many post we offer a very good, well liked and proven product.. and ours prices are extremely competitive

We also manufacture every product in house from start to finish. From designing and testing the original proto-type to the finished powder coated product, everything is completed in our facility. Here is a great video to show how we make it all happen- http://www.umiperformance.com/page.php?page=videos

If you have any questions regarding our products please ask and I am glad to help.

Thank you!
Ryan
Old 02-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Banned

You cant go wrong with any of them.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:22 AM
TECH Addict

all are good. i have all umi under my car and love it to death. also burkhart chassis makes amazing stuff for drag racing.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:27 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a mix of parts from different places. Each time I looked at the individual product and chose the one that I thought was the best for me. I have a BMR trac pac with UMI lca's and phb.

Like everyone else said........you won't go wrong with any of the listed places
Old 02-12-2008, 09:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ls1ssws6

first is BMR

I think your going about this all the wrong way. Tossing a ton of parts on the car will help the car one way, but will hurt it another way. All 3 companies probably have good stuff, but if you're using your car for daily driving and throw all rod end stuff on your car then you'll probably make the car more noisy. If you want to handle better and put on a bunch of ctrl arms, biggest rear swaybar on, then you'll probably make the rear end more tail happy.

Figure out what you want to do with your car and decide how you want it to handle, and then research what each part does and how it helps. Some things that are sold out there will do little to nothing for your handling.

I pretty much buy all my suspension stuff from Sam Strano. His suspension recommendations have led me to having a pretty comfortable car and helped me some of my local racing events.
Old 02-12-2008, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Yup I totally agree, I am going with the strano suspension too with the UMI lca's, phb and koni's Have heard great things about them, not too sure about the 1/4 mile performance with this but I am sure it is hell of allot better than stock, LOL
Old 02-12-2008, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I voted BMR becaust I like the finish better than UMI...but IMO the quality on both are great. UMI has the packages which is awesome.You cant go wrong with either iMO
Old 02-12-2008, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

Default BMR Here

I just finished putting BMR LCA's, Adj. PHR, STB, SFC's, Springs, and best of all the 4/4 Koni's, and damn, I fell in love with my car all over again, and I do live 10mins from BMR so I had to go with them. I have had there products on 2 of my f-bodies now and love there products.