Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Need new brakes....

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need new brakes....

My brakes just started squeaking the other day and they will pull to one side under hard braking. I think the rotors are warped too. I wanted to get these rotors and pads to replace the old ones. will these be good for my car?

http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...c10f7685a5bb95
http://www.ws6project.com/user_stor/...c10f7685a5bb95

Also, im guessing this wont fix the pulling to one side problem so what can i do about that?
Old 03-14-2008, 11:59 AM
11 Second Club

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

Good combo in my book. The whole pulling to one side seems tells me that one of your pads is probably dragging. While you're doing your brakes, check the slide pins and caliper.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:37 PM
TECH Regular

any more ideas?
Old 03-15-2008, 01:44 PM
TECH Regular

what can i do to fix the pulling to one side? seems like it does it on either side.
Old 03-15-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Resident

I also am having this issue in the rear(but just pulling to the driver's side), I just picked up some brembo rotors and hawk pads, what should I be looking for when I change these as far as the caliper and slide pin?
Old 03-15-2008, 04:26 PM
On The Tree

After you disconnect the caliper (two larger bolts hold it to the front end assembly), slide off the outside bracket thingie the brake pad is attached to (sorry to use the technical term). You may have to tug on it initially because the rubber boot seal will hold it in place. Support the remaining part of the caliper (the part with the pistons) with a wire, or just do what I do and put it on a box to keep strain off the brake line. The thingie you pulled off has holes in it the pins slide into. The piston part of the caliper contains the pins. Clean out the holes and pins well (I used alcohol and q-tips), then grease them up good with silicone grease (available at any auto parts store in one or two shot packs for cheap). Oh, yeah, after cleaning or replacing the rubber boot, slide it back on before greasing the pin unless you are a dumbass like me and like getting grease all over everything. Slide the holes back onto the pins, put in your pads, and you are good to go. This worked for the fronts, and I don't think the rears are much different.

+1 on the Brembos. I just installed cryo-treated Brembo blanks. It is sure nice to not have the front end shaking like a washer on spin cycle with an out of balance load every time I want to slow down.
Old 03-15-2008, 04:56 PM
TECH Resident

thanks for the detailed reply
Mike @ rotorsonline is an excellent distributor and sponsor
only guy I was able to find that could cryo and/or zinc brembo blanks
Old 03-16-2008, 10:22 AM
On The Tree

Yeah, that's the only place I could find my Brembo blanks. They weren't available for a long time, and it got old driving with my badly warped stock rotors.
These were about the only rotors I could find at a reasonable price that weren't made in China. It was a bonus that Mike also did the cryo treatment.

Quick Reply: Need new brakes....