Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

help decide which rear springs

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 05:29 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help decide which rear springs

Im just looking for a 1 -1.5 drop max for the rear. Which springs should i go with that will still have a stock/decent ride with the stock shocks that only have 30k miles on them? Does anyone have anything there looking to sell maybe a shock /spring combo or just the springs?
Old 03-14-2008, 08:36 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2001z
Im just looking for a 1 -1.5 drop max for the rear. Which springs should i go with that will still have a stock/decent ride with the stock shocks that only have 30k miles on them? Does anyone have anything there looking to sell maybe a shock /spring combo or just the springs?
We offer a rear lowering spring that sounds like it would fit the bill perfectly. The rear only spring part # is SP003 and will run $125.95 here is a link to the page http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodySuspension.htm This rear spring is a 1.25" progressive lowering spring so ride quality is not compromised when lowering the vehicle. If you have any other questions regading our products please feel free to ask....

On a side note we are running a killer SALE check it out here-
http://www.bmrfabrication.com/taxrefundsale.htm

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 03-15-2008, 07:36 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.
We offer a rear lowering spring that sounds like it would fit the bill perfectly. The rear only spring part # is SP003 and will run $125.95 here is a link to the page http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodySuspension.htm This rear spring is a 1.25" progressive lowering spring so ride quality is not compromised when lowering the vehicle. If you have any other questions regading our products please feel free to ask....

what what shipping be to 29644?
Old 03-15-2008, 07:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BMR Fabrication Inc.

I have your bmr adjustable lcas, adjustable pahnard bar, and subframe connectors already what what shipping be to 29644?
Old 03-17-2008, 09:13 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2001z
I have your bmr adjustable lcas, adjustable pahnard bar, and subframe connectors already what what shipping be to 29644?
The shipping would run you $16.10 Just let me know........

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302
Old 03-17-2008, 09:18 AM
TECH Addict

But how do your progressive rate lowering springs behave with stock shocks? I doubt the stock shocks have the proper damping capabilities - they don't even work well with the stock springs...
Old 03-17-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1QUIKWS6
But how do your progressive rate lowering springs behave with stock shocks? I doubt the stock shocks have the proper damping capabilities - they don't even work well with the stock springs...
So are you gonnna be any worse off? Just buy some good shocks (Koni SA) and worry bout the rest later. Progressive rate springs suck period! Look at LINEAR rate springs. They are generally the most predictable spring. SHOCKS FIRST
Old 03-18-2008, 02:01 AM
TECH Addict

I personally would never buy springs first (too use with stock shocks) - I would at least buy the shocks first - then the springs - optimum would be to buy spring/shock package that work together.

With progressive rate lowering springs and stock shocks you would be worse off as far as handling goes.

Kinda like buying a killer set of heads without the appropriate cam to go with them to realize the full potential of the new heads -or- visa versa
Old 03-18-2008, 08:23 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by 1QUIKWS6
The obvious BEST CASE scenario is to replace both at the same time but that is not always possible.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302