Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Other parts needed for install?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Other parts needed for install?

here in the next week, i plan on putting qa1 coilovers up front and bmr springs with single adjustable qa1s out back. are there any other accesories i will need to make these parts work? i've heard about rear qa1s needing a special bracket here or a cup for the springs there, so can someone please straighten me out on this???

also, what are the advantages of running a v6 rear spring? i've heard of some guys doing this also...
Old 03-18-2008, 06:05 AM
On The Tree

bumpity bump
Old 03-18-2008, 08:16 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Originally Posted by erik.wyatt1
here in the next week, i plan on putting qa1 coilovers up front and bmr springs with single adjustable qa1s out back. are there any other accesories i will need to make these parts work? i've heard about rear qa1s needing a special bracket here or a cup for the springs there, so can someone please straighten me out on this???

also, what are the advantages of running a v6 rear spring? i've heard of some guys doing this also...
For the front QA1's if you plan on using our stock style front springs you will need an adapter cup for them to be able to be used on the QA1 shock. Here is a link to the page where they can be found (part # SA001)-

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodySuspension.htm

If you are going to use the QA1 springs then the adapter cup is not needed. The rear QA1's are a direct replacement so nothing is needed there. I don't recommend using the V6 rear springs they are too low of a spring rate for drag racing the stock V8 springs are a much better choice.

Allan Miller
President
BMR Suspension
www.bmrsuspension.com
(813) 986-9302